Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes

I recently gave my class an assignment to read a biography on the person of their choice, and then complete a book report. The students picked everyone from Miley Cyrus to Rosa Parks and everyone in between. I have an Iraqi refugee in my class who read and wrote about Martin Luther King Jr. One part of his report struck me.

Question: If you could meet this person what question would you ask him/her?

Answer: How can I help to get freedom for Iraq.

It amazes me the things the students in my class have experienced, and the things that they have have to worry about in their lives.

2 comments:

Holli said...

I think it is so sad that they still have to worry about that stuff too. It also helps open our eyes too :)

Vala said...

Aw, Abd. Love that boy. I always wonder what each of our refugees has seen/experienced...we'd probably be horrified if we really knew.