Saturday, November 7, 2009

A "method" to my madness

I love the Method* brand non-toxic cleaners. I use them for most of my cleaning needs, and I have been replacing any cleaning product that runs out with the Method equivalent. I especially love their "naked" line of products....no toxins, no dyes, no perfumes. Perfect. However, some of the products don't come "naked" but that it ok too, because sometimes I like the wonderful and natural aromas that their products possess. My house never smells "clean" anymore, in the sense that it does not smell like bleach or other chemicals, but it does smell like grapefruit, almonds, and mint. Much nicer if you ask me.

I have been wanting Method's Omop since we got the new floors. The Omop is similar to a Swiffer, but is more environmentally friendly. However, I have not been able to find a store that carries it. Target carries the replacement fluids, but not the actual mop. The Method website has the Omop, but charged $13.00 in shipping. And I am cheap. So, I have waited and waited. Finally, Amazon has started carrying the starter kit, and had free shipping. It was the most exciting part of my day ordering that darn mop. I will have to review it once it arrives, and I start to use it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is not a big disappointment, although I doubt it, because I seriously love all the other Method products.

*I am endorsing Method brand products with no financial compensation from the company. This is just me sharing my love of a good product. HOWEVER, if Method would like to pay me to advertise their product or send me some kick backs, I have absolutely no reservations about doing so. Just throwing that out there.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

I should give those a try!

Since having kids though, a shocking number of my cleaning supplies have been replaced with baby wipes. I've literally cleaned out the microwave with them before. They're just so handy!

Kerry said...

Very intersting. I will have to check out the Method products. I'm a regular Target shopper and I've seen them there. But never tried any of them. But I walk in there every Sunday with my canvas bags. I drink water out of my Sigg water bottles. I buy environmentally friendly laundry detergent and dish soap. I'm trying to do my part. So thanks for the tip!

Ali said...

I am glad you found your mop. Still think you should have purchased the shark

Jen said...

I am a method junkie! I've also had good experiences with Seventh Generation - love their daily shower cleaner and their dish soap.

redvultr said...

You're so San Francisco, Jesse.