It is November, and as someone who appreciates themes, I am already going into Thanksgiving mode. Therefore, I have been thinking a lot about all the things I have to be thankful for in my life. And since I have challenged myself to blog every single day this month, I decided to devote one day a week to the things that make me give thanks in my life. Viola, another theme....Thankful Thursday. I am also someone who appreciates alliteration....so Thankful Thursday meets my need to use poetic language in my life as well. Perfect.
I am thankful for..... my freedom. Reading my student's comment about freedom in Iraq and thinking about all the hardships that many families in our communities have gone through in other places in the world to get freedom has really made me appreciate all my freedoms that much more.
I am thankful to live in a country where I can have a blog to post my thoughts everyday in the month of November without having to fear for my safety. I am thankful to have the freedom to choose who I love and who I hate, to choose who I vote for and who I protest against, and to choose where I want to live and where I want to void visiting. I am thankful that I have the freedom as a woman to express my opinion through my career, my actions, and my words and not fear for my life. I am very thankful for to live in a time and a place that allows me these freedoms. It is easy to take freedom for granted when you have always had it, but hopefully, I can remember to be thankful more often than just one or two days a year.
1 comment:
I really like this concept of "Thankful Thursday"! Great idea!
Post a Comment