Anyway, from time to time they have these giant wax sculptures out in front of their shop. They look like the wax figures you used to be able to get at Hogle Zoo, except a million times bigger. I have no idea if there are real dead animals encased in the wax, or if it is just a recreation of an animal someone shot. I actually have no idea if the material is even wax, but it looks like wax, so that is what I am calling it. We have seen bear and elk in wax before, but most recently a hippo and a giraffe. I am not really into stuffed, dead animals, but it was quite shocking to see such exotic animals in our neighborhood. Again, I have no idea if there was a real hippo/giraffe shipped from Africa to be stuffed, or just recreations. Speaking of the zoo, I hope one day there is a wax liger in my neighborhood. That would be something.

Dalan walked Piper over to the studio today to get a picture of the wax figures for me. Our neighborhood creep (we have another name for him, but it is not appropriate for the blog, email me if you want to know it) was standing outside of the building smoking, so Dalan and Piper took a lap hoping he would be gone by the time they got back. He wasn't, so Dalan quickly snapped the picture anyway, and then took one of Piper to give the illusion that he was just a man taking pictures of his dog, not of the random exotic wax figures in his neighborhood, and therefore possibly making himself the new neighborhood creep. The picture of the wax figures....excellent. The picture of Piper....not so much.
1 comment:
cool and a little creepy. I like that Dalan snapped a photo of Piper, the decoy.
Post a Comment