Friday, June 25, 2010

New moves

Today, Quinn rolled over from her back to almost her belly, before the nurse caught her. No, I am not kidding. Our 2 and half pound baby rolled over! We had just gotten done with our kangaroo care (pure heaven), and they put her back into her isolette. The respiratory therapist was arranging all her tubing, and Quinn rolled from her back to almost her belly as the nurse, who was on the other side of her isolette getting ready to tuck her in, caught her, and moved her to her belly in a safer manner. Quinn LOVES sleeping on her belly, and apparently has now found a way to put her self into her favorite position.

Earlier in the afternoon, Quinn was sleeping on her left side, and attempted to roll to her belly, but this time her snugglie was in the way. I got a picture of this attempt (it is kind of dark, though.) Crazy, strong six week old baby (31 weeks gestation)!



Also, Quinn's hair is looking lighter and lighter. In person, it looks more blonde than red or brown. It will be interesting to see what color it ends up. It also looks thicker.


7 comments:

Jen said...

Precious! I'm sure every week brings a sigh of relief.

Unknown said...

What a strong baby! Her hair looks so thick, love you

Hilary said...

Strong little girl! How's that for a milestone for a 31 week baby!! :-)

Shelly said...

WTG Quinn!! She is so cute!!

Holli said...

Premature sure doesn't mean weak. That girl just knows what she wants!

VaRonica said...

She like so many of us just wants to be comfortable and sleep on her belly!!! I love that she is so tough, go Quinn!

Dr. aafb said...

So cool! Go Quinn. She is so dang cute. I will probably say this over and over again but I am still so bummed I couldn't see her. Another day...