Saturday, June 26, 2010

More new moves

Yesterday, shortly after we left from our afternoon visit, Quinn extubated herself. (She pulled her breathing tube out.) She is fine, and they got a new one in with no complications, except a little sore on her check from them having to take her old tape off in a hurry. What a crazy little baby. It just makes me shake my head in disbelief. I cannot believe the things she does, despite her tiny size. It is another good example of her mighty will. She has been hyper-aware of her tube since last week when they reintubated her, and I guess she just got a good hold on it. Let's all hope she does not do it again!

Quinn's sore cheek, and super cute new bow in her very light hair.

She also has been so cute, and doing funny little things with her hands. She makes us laugh on a daily basis.

This is what Quinn did when she was told, it was time to stop snuggling with dad, and get back in her isolette.

You've got to be kidding me!

And she is warding us off during her evening cares, Quinn recently has decided she is not a fan of getting her diaper changed.

"Leave me alone!"



We also got our first family self portrait. You know I love my self portraits!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

I love all the 'hands in face' shots -- so cute, and full of personality!

Unknown said...

Ah, so dramatic and comical,
love all her poses

Kerry said...

I continue to be amazed by your little miracle baby! What amazing stories you and she will have to tell for years to come! I'm already sending good vibes your way for this weeks extubation attempt...

Jen said...

Love the new self-portrait! How great that you'll have so many cute pics to remember Quinn's first few weeks of life.

VaRonica said...

I just love that she is so full of personality!!! She is so amazing, just like her momma :)

Dr. aafb said...

She is going to be such a ham. I feel the Ali personality coming on for sure. Love the spunk!