At the beginning of the school year, I applied for and received a grant to get a turtle and an aquarium for my classroom. I picked a turtle, because Quinn loves turtles and I knew we would be in charge of this creature during any vacations from school.
The grant expired at the end if the year, and I hadn't gotten the turtle yet, so yesterday Dalan, Quinn, and I went and picked out a turtle. Quinn loved him immediately. She also loved the "teeny tiny fish" at the pet store.
She named him Pete. Then with my help of the sounds she was able to spell Pete, well, except the silent e at the end. That is a trickster.
Quinn is going to be so sad when Pete has to go to school next week. However, there will be 28 (yes! 28!) very excited second graders.





3 comments:
Fun Christmas posts and photos! Looks like you guys had a blast, but were VERY busy! Sorry Dalan wasnt feeling great :(
Now that you post this, i think i do remember you telling me about the pet grant. Your students are definitely going to be psyched! That is a cool tank.
What fun holidays! I love seeing the many adorable expressions of Quinn. Hope Dalan is feeling much better for the New Year.
Cheers!
Classroom pets are awesome!
Post a Comment