I took a two hour nap this evening, which I could easily do everyday of the week if I let myself.
I love me a nap!
However, I always intend to sleep for only an hour at most, and more often than not, I over exceed that by thirty minutes or more.
However, the good news is after I wake up I feel really guilty about sleeping so long that I try to overcompensate by doing more around the house than I would if I had stayed awake. In some ways, my naps are a win-win. I get my much desired nap, and the house gets cleaned.
There is a downside, however. After a two hour nap, I cannot easily fall asleep that night. I end up laying in bed and tossing and turning for hours. That consequence of napping is not fun or rewarding. It also starts a vicious cycle, in which I need a nap everyday there after. Which I now realize is not really a bad thing necessarily, since my nap time guilt drives me to clean my house!
Go naps!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous of those of you who like naps (like Greg)! I would love me a good nap now and then (can't with the non-napping toddler anyway), but I feel like CRAP when I nap . . . I drag the rest of the day, just wanting to be back in bed, and I never get the 'refreshed' feeling. Oh well, my kids aren't gonna let me sleep ever again anyway, so I guess it's a moot point . . .
I loves me a good nap, also! I still enjoy the fantasy of being able to bank all of those nap hours and use them once you have had kids to feel refreshed and awake (without having to actually take a nap!) Damn my fantasies. I, like Hilary, cannot get me a good nap these days now either...boooooo!
Go naps and the associated guilt!
Post a Comment