Monday, April 20, 2009

The day Dalan lost the dog...

Last night I started the dishwasher (girl job), and did some dishes by hand. I then noticed that the rug was wet, and that the dishwasher was leaking. Great! I put a bowl under it, and told Dalan to look at it when he got a chance.

Today, Dalan went to do some investigating into the broken dishwasher (boy job), and moved some things out back. He worked on the dishwasher, only to find nothing wrong. In fact, there was not leaking at all while he was working on it, which is mysterious, but I guess a good thing. He then noticed he had left the back door open. He called out to Piper several times, only to have no response. He walked around the outside of the house, like a mad man, calling out for the dog and looking for her. No Piper. Piper has been a low AWOL risk since we have moved into the house, but she used to take off at any chance she got, so it was possible she had run off.

He came back to the house in a total panic to get his keys, so he can drive around and look for her. When Piper heard his keys, she came wandering down the stairs to see what was going on. Dalan is still unsure if she was upstairs the whole time, or if she had returned to the house while he was out looking for her. I tend to think she was napping upstairs the whole time, but who knows, she could have gone running after a bird or a cat if she had seen one.

No comments: