Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weight Watchers Week 1

Ali and I joined Weight Watchers last week. Despite wanting to lose some weight and despite my background as a drug and alcohol counselor, I was a little cynical about the meeting aspect of the program. But I went, and hated every minute of the first meeting. It was long and the lady running it was annoying and her hair never moved despite her bouncing all around the room. The second meeting was much better. It was shorter and the lady was less annoying.

The first week went well. It was a little tough the first day as I was ill prepared and did not have the right kinds of foods in the house. But it got easier and easier, and I have felt successful.

I decided to blog about it as another way to keep myself accountable.

So here is week 1 in review:

Weight Loss: 6 pounds
Challenges: meal planning, desire to snack, and cost of healthy foods.
Successes: meal planning, portion control, and healthy snacking.
Plan: keep up the good work, and introduce more activity into my routine.

5 comments:

Howard Family said...

Good for you, I did weight watchers with Kerry for awhile. It worked, and I keep telling myself I should do it again but cant seem to start back up. Good Luck!

Kerry said...

Congratulations Jessi! 6 pounds is one heck of a great start. I have gone back to WW's many many times over the years and it's worked EVERY single time I've put the work into it. If there are any tips or anything that I can share don't hesitate to ask. I've got some great recipes too.

Hilary said...

Awesome week! Good luck! Maybe you'll inspire me :-)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Way to go Jessi! That is awesome :)

VaRonica said...

Jessi you are awesome!!! I am surprised at how many people I know do the ww's. I know that it has helped me to track my food and know that it is all worth it. You have tons of support and you can do it!