1. I have allergies or a cold. I was thinking allergies, but now I am not so sure. Either way, a runny nose is not fun. Quinn's nose is also slightly runny, but she could be teething.
2. Quinn has decided that sleeping in her crib is for suckers times 100. She used to fall asleep and stay asleep in under seven minutes. Now, it can take up to an hour to get her to sleep in the first place. And she wakes up like a feral cat. (Or wolf....Romulus, anyone?) She is all arched over on her back, bright red, and screaming. She doesn't even look like herself. We do this at least two times a night. She used to just wake up, need her binkie, and go back to sleep. She now requires a lengthy rocking session, or a cuddle session on the couch.
I guess we need to do some sleep training. However, I am hesitant to let her cry it out for a few reasons. If she moves too much her pulse-ox. monitor goes off, and I have to at least look in on her anyway. She can pull herself up on the bars on her crib, and I am afraid her hurting herself in an attempted escape. She is hooked up to two sets of wires/tubing and I don't want her pulling her g tube out/ get all tangled up. Which leads me to my next point....
3. I pulled her g tube button, balloon inflated and all, out tonight. I went to put her in her crib, got the tubing caught on her railing (because I am barely tall enough to get her in to her crib, I really have to reach to get her in there), and heard a pop. Even though I had never heard that sound before, I knew it was bad news bears. Quinn cried, but stopped immediately when I picked her back up. Leading me to believe the cry was about cribs being for suckers, not about any sort of pain. Ran down stairs, got the necessary supplies, and put her button back in as stomach milk (grossest thing ever) spurted out of the open tubing all over the place. It was awful for me. Quinn was never too bothered. Quinn then thought it was time to party, but quickly calmed down, and actually went into a deep enough sleep, that I put her successfully in her crib!
4. Quinn's monitor just alarmed like crazy. It was telling me "sensor off", even though it is clearly on. I fixed it for now. Usually, to really fix those types of malfunctions, you need to take the sensor off her foot, and reattach it or get a new one. And you always wake up the baby in doing so. And there is no way in hell I want to risk that right now. However, I will probably end up having to do it right around one am. It really is going to be one of those nights!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry! I feel for you.
In semi-related news, I slept with freaking ear plugs in last night, after Isaac woke up at 11PM, 'cause I'm SO freaking tired I've been dragging for a week, and last night was finally my, "I can't do this anymore!" moment.
And during my catch up sleep, I had a dream about Quinn's first birthday last night. There was a band, and people put on a play, then I was shocked when Quinn said 'thank you' to everyone for coming, and I was all, "Dude Jessi! You never told me she was talking now?!" It was an interesting dream :-)
Oh no! I hope it got better. That cry it out thing is hard without all those added elements. I don't think I could do it either with the added worries. I hope her sleep shapes up!
Spring colds are the worst, and allergies are torture because you are never 100% certain that it is just allergies and not a horrible cold. Hopefully you are feeling better. And little Romulus has been replaced by the happy/might Quinn.
Post a Comment