2. Naps. Quinn took two naps in her crib this week. Quinn has never been a crib napper due to how difficult it was to transport her from room to room with all machines in the early days. She just would nap in our arms or her swing, but when she outgrew her swing, she started napping exclusively in our arms. That is actually kind of nice and sweet, but it makes getting things done around the house very difficult. I was able to put away laundry, change the sheets on my bed, etc. when she took her little naps in her crib. It was glorious. I took her to an award's assembly at my school this evening, so she missed her nap time, but I am hoping an evening nap in her crib becomes part of our routine.
3. Oxygen. I had to put Quinn's oxygen on tonight. I think it is her pulse-ox machine misreading. She hasn't needed oxygen in like two weeks, and the last few times I hooked her up, I felt it was the machine, not Quinn. It is constantly going offline, reading no sensor, beeping if she moves/we pick her up, or just getting no signal. Tonight, she was beeping soon after I put her down. I took the sensor off her foot, and put it back on. Often that does the trick. Nope. So I put "dots" on my sleeping child. Then I fight her to put the oxygen cannula in my now no longer sleeping child. It was traumatizing how hard I had to fight and fuss with her. I get her settled, and she is breathing remarkably better. I think ok, she must have needed it. Then I come downstairs, and her oxygen tank is off. So it was all a fluke!!!!! I turn it on to the lowest setting anyway, because the the cannula is in, and I figure some oxygen is better than just having a thing jammed up your nose. Then later, she starts beeping again. And still beeps on the setting one up. She is not beeping now that I have her two settings up, but she is at a higher than she has needed it since we have been home from the hospital. I am thinking this has just to be a bad signal or something on the machine, but I don't want to mess around with her oxygen needs either. So frustrating. We have Quinn's well child 12 month check tomorrow, so I will express my frustrations to the doc then.
4. Wild. Here is my crazy babe getting ready for bed. At one point she was literally trying to climb the walls.
1 comment:
She could not be any more adorable -- I hope they get her oxygen/monitors figured out . . . maybe you can get a new one and find out she's totally perfect without oxygen all night!
Post a Comment