Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Foodie

Here is another comparison to Quinn at birth....a bag of pretzels. This bag is half an ounce (15 grams) lighter than Quinn, and was a little longer so I folded down the top a bit, but still very close, and hard to imagine my wee wee wee little babe.


Quinn has also decided that she prefers to drink her "solid" baby food, which is ironic since she hates to drink her bottle. She will drink it from a little bowl/cup, the jar, or these pouches I have been buying for this exact purpose. She consumes about double the amount if you let her drink it rather than spoon feed her. She is nuts, and knows what she likes. Her hair is also wild and crazy all the time now unless contained in some sort of hair tie.


Finally, off the subject, I need some advice. Quinn. hates. her. bath. SERIOUSLY. Like with a burning passion in her soul. She may be scared, or just hates it. I don't know why, but I do know bath time is miserable. She just screams! And cries! And growls and hisses like a velociraptor! She doesn't want to play, she doesn't want to sit or stand. She just wants out. We have tried adjusting the water temperature. We have tried filling the tub with her out of the room, thinking the noise scared her. I tried showering with her tonight, which was a little better. If by better, you consider her whining while clinging to me to dear life, and then refusing to be put down for like 15 minutes after because she is still scared as better. I have not tried taking a bath with her yet. That is next. I dread giving her a bath. We let her get to the point of being practically filthy before bathing her in fear of the bath. Plus then it is so hard to get her clean because of the total melt down happening. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

jen said...

Next time you take a shower take her in with you, scrub her up and hand her out to dad. It so much faster then a bath and you get the bliss of cuddling a wet naked baby. If not for this method Chloe wouldn't have been clean till she was 6 month old.

Jodi said...

I like taking baths with Kian. I'm less likely to drop a slippery wiggly baby if we are both sitting down.

Leigh and Craig said...

Oh man. She reached this stage fast. Izzy started hating the bath at about 16 months. The only way she would take a bath is if I get in with her. THen she's okay. It's uncomfortable because our tub is so little, but hey she gets cleaned. And if she just refuses, i just wash her face with a washcloth, wash her hands, and brush her teeth. It's exhausting fighting over the bath. You could also try new toys that she only gets to play with in the tub or tub crayons. Those worked for a little while too

Howard Family said...

what about trying your kitchen sink? not as big maybe she wouldn't feel as out of control.

Hilary said...

My kids always preferred to just bathe with Greg or I until around a year or so -- I don't know if that helps or not . . . Good luck though!

Meredith said...

Not sure if you have one or not, but have you tried the inflatable bath that fits inside your bathtub. I used it with both of my girls and they loved it, plus it gives them a smaller area and a safety buffer around the tub. Good luck. And happy belated birthday Quinn, you are precious!!!

Kellie Glade said...

Hmmmm....I'm for sure no expert, but maybe you could try putting in some new toys that are for bath time, but have her play with them outside of the tub first then put them in. Or maybe its just a phase she is going through...has she always hated bath time? Maybe just sponge bath her for a little while and then try the tub again. Let me know what works. Ross loves bathtime and would stay in there until he became a raisin if I let him.