Over the weekend, I cut my thumb while trying to peel a yam for Quinn. There was an even part on the yam that I could not get to with the peeler, so I pulled out a knife to get the job. In fact, it was our "mystery murder" knife that recently fell out of our couch, even though we had never seen it before. Scary. Anyway, then the baby started to fuss, so I was rushing and totally sliced my thumb. It bled pretty badly, but slowed down eventually. About an hour later, I was defrosting some milk for Quinn in the microwave, so I could add the formula and have a batch for the day. When I went to get it out of the microwave, it totally exploded all over my hands. I cried and cried. It hurt so badly. I ran them under cool water, but it pretty much took all day until may hands started to feel better. Luckily, they never blistered.
The next day, my thumb was still bleeding on and off, so I came up the the "brilliant" idea of Super Gluing the wound together. After Quinn went to bed, I showered, and started my surgery. Well, the Super Glue went all over my thumb, but I still decided to use my other fingers to press it closed. And proceeded to glue my fingers to my thumb. I then pulled my fingers off my thumb, ripped the wound open further, and blood was everywhere. I spent the next couple of hours, trying to contain the bleeding, and get the Super Glue off my other fingers. I could not get it off my injured thumb until the next day due to the excessive bleeding.
Ali suggested that I used tape to close the cut, rather than a Band Aid, and that is working nicely. I think it is finally starting to heal, although it still has not closed up all the way. I probably should have gotten stitches, but alas, I did not. I at least should have contacted one of the many nurses I am friends with before embarking on my Super Glue experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment