1. Binkie: We all know that Quinn loves that binkie. It is a lifesaver. And to think, I would have probably never given her one if she had not been a preemie, and now it is (and always has been) her favorite comfort item. If Quinn is fussy, often the only way to soothe her is with the binkie. I just hope it will be easy to take away when it is time.
2. Music: She loves any toy/item that plays music. It is the next best way after the binkie to soothe her. The first few times we played music for her, she seemed to hate it, but now she loves it. Her favorite musical toys are her chirping bird on her play mat, her piano, her glowing musical seahorse, and her mobile. She loves listening to Disney classic songs or show tunes on Pandora. She also loves her swing (Thanks Kellie for lending it to us) that plays music, and her CD's that include both lullaby's and silly songs.
3. Swing: Next to being in our arms, Quinn's next favorite place to be is her swing. In the mornings, when I need to pump and wash dishes, Quinn will happily sit in her swing. It is sometimes the only place we can get her to nap or sleep at night. It is truly a lifesaver at two in the morning, when Quinn turns into a vamp and thinks it is time to party. She will happily sit in her swing, listen to her music, suck on her bink, and eventually fall asleep, while I get to lie (lay?) in bed.
All these things make for a happy baby.....
4 comments:
I love hearing what kinds of things work for other people. I just bought our new baby a swing for Christmas. So I'm glad to see it's on your list and will hopefully have been a good purchase. I have to say that I'm a big supporter of the binky too. Such a great way to self soothe. I'm sure you're picking getting the opportunity for much more sleep than you would without it. I will be working hard to encourage the binky with Oliver (much to my mothers distaste!) LOL
Such a cutie! We're a big fan of swings around here . . . no matter how hard we tried, Ellie would ONLY sleep in a swing 'til about 5 months old. Isaac sleeps in one for about half his naps, but I love how it can get him to sleep without freaking out like when I put him down in bed . . .
I love the must haves. It's funny, because none of Quinn's must haves are the same as Isaac's must haves were. I guess your list was a list of must haves for soothing...there were only two things that soothed a crying Isaac
1. Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel, while simultaneously being walked around by mom or dad.
2. the boob.
I am a major fan of binkies, I have made the ones that didn't like it, like it....they simply had no choice :) I love that huge smile in the one picture, LOVE happy babies!
Post a Comment