Quinn likes to be swaddled, but we lack a good swaddling blanket. All the ones we have are either too small or too large. Ali found this product, the Woombie, that is like a swaddle/straight jacket for babies. It was a little too much money from the actual Woombie site to try out for my liking, but then it was on babyhalfoff.com a few weeks later, so I got one. We tried it out this week to mixed results. Quinn seemed to like being so snug in the tight, stretchy material, but hated not having access to her hands. It was like torture. I think it would have been better if we would have started it from the beginning rather than 6 months later. I am going to give it one more try, and possibly pass it on to my friend Sierra who is due in two weeks!
Here I'll let the photos tell the true story of our Woombie attempt:
First moments in the Woombie....she is doing alright.
Then, she quickly fell asleep. You can see her trying to have her hands against her face. Next, she totally freaked out...no photos of that.
Then she quickly fell back to sleep, unzipped, but still in the Woombie.
So, I zipped it almost all the way up, but left her hands free.
And put her back in her crib....
And she slept for about an half an hour until her hands got stuck, and she freaked out. I got her back to sleep for about another hour until her hands got stuck, and she freaked out. So, I changed her into some normal jammies. We'll try again later this week, and let you know.
5 comments:
it sounds like that cute little girl needs a snuggie!!! I know I love mine, it gives me access to my arms and hands yet keeps me comfy cozy and warm!
It's so frustrating spending money on something, AND hoping that it will keep a baby sleeping, and then it doesn't! We had a couple similar type things, but Isaac never really liked being swaddled - he was a hand baby like Quinn is! We did rely on the sleep sacks, though!
That is too funny. Stella loved to be swaddled too. And we ran into the same problem. So we finally resorted to sleep sacks, they are great, and allow her hands to be free. It took a little getting used to for Stella, but now she sleep great with it. :)
We received a Woombie for our shower and Keaton liked it when he was a week old but I don't think he'd like it now. We have a couple of SwaddleMe's that we bought at Target -- they are not as restrictive as the Woombie.
We tried many a thing (including duct taping the swaddle blanket closed) to keep Drake swaddled. Drake was such an escape artist that he pretty much wriggled his way out of anything! We did like the Swaddle Designs Ultimate Swaddle blankets. They are pricey little buggers but Drake still loves them! Check them out!
Post a Comment