Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mega-blog

I feel like I am behind on posting pictures and updating on Quinn's latest and greatest, so I am going to attempt to write one mega-blog and get all caught up. This may take all day depending on how cooperative the wee one decides to be. (And it has...I blame Ali though, she came over and we went on a walk, and she made me some lactation cookies while Dalan was at the football game.)

Feeding: We went to the doctor on Thursday, and we decided to not make any changes to her feedings or change medications. She most likely just has wicked reflux, plus slow motility (emptying of the stomach) and limited endurance. His train of thought is that she will eventually outgrow all of this, and become a good eater. I hope so. I love our pediatrician. He is so involved with us, but does not make knee-jerk decisions/changes. We will continue to closely monitor her eating with the occupational therapist (who I also really like) and the doctor. Eating vibes are still appreciated!

Here is Quinn waiting for the doctor. She loved playing naked in her soft, warm blanket from Aunt Ali. The doctor was impressed with her wiggliness!



And here is a poster about keeping kids away from medication that I am sure has been in the office since I was patient in 1979.


Dislike!
Quinn now officially hates anything on her head. It started with that Halloween headband I bought her, and now it includes all headbands, and hats. What? She looks so cute in both, but she just screams until you take it off her head. Silly girl. Doesn't she know winter is coming, and hats are going to be a must! Please what kind of girl doesn't love accessories???

Here is a very mad Quinn pre-walk with her hat on....


A much happier Quinn on the walk sans the hat....



The Utes: Quinnie still loves her Utes despite their not so good showing against TCU today. And she sure looks adorable in her Utes onesie and red baby legs. Plus today she got an adorable University of Utah quilt from our cousins' Randy and Mindy. She snuggled right into it, and fell instantly asleep!





The tongue: Quinn has taken to ticking her tongue out. A lot. Especially, if she is excited or trying to focus on something. It is pretty cute.


The dog: Piper loves Quinn. She loves to lick her all over, and be right next to her. Yesterday, Quinn was opening her mouth as Piper was trying to lick her. I see some serious make out sessions in their future! It will be precious. Also, Piper wants to be involved in whatever we are doing with Quinn, so much that she let us do this to her.......

The hair: Quinn's hair is getting crazier and wilder by the day. It is bald in the back, getting lighter on the sides, and darker/thinker/longer on top. It is pretty unmanageable. Her widow's peak won't brush any other way, and the rest of the hair is getting that way too. It just sticks up and goes every which way.

Sleeping: Quinn slept so well last night. She slept from midnight to about 2:30, and then I snuggled with her on the couch in her room until 4:30 when Dalan fed her, and then she slept until 8:00! I don't think she has ever slept until 8:00 since we have been home. Overall, sleep in going well. She just likes to party from about 9:30 pm until midnight every night. Her idea of a party, includes staring at her mobile.


The smiles: She is so smiley, and cute. Even when she is crying, she will give you little smiles. It is pretty cute. She loves to coo at her toys, and music. And of course, at her mom and dad, grandparents, and aunts and uncles! She is a doll.



5 comments:

Hilary said...

I love all the catching up! She's so cute -- I love the tongue sticking out especially. My kids weren't fans of head accessories either, and it made me sad. But look at Annie now, she's like QUEEN of accessories :-)

Vala said...

So many cute photos and smiles, that it's hard to choose my fave this time! She already has quite a personality! She is a girl who knows what she wants - maybe she and Isaac can exert their stubbornness together! :) Isaac hates having stuff on his head, too, but he wants everyone else to wear a hat - little stinker. My trick when we leave the house on a cold day is to distract him with something REALLY COOL and slip the hat on - sometimes he forgets it's there! ;-)

Jen said...

I'm so glad you have a pediatrician that you like!

Good luck with the hats. We've been making Keaton practice wearing hats and so far he doesn't seem to mind. Hopefully there will be some cute baseball caps in his future!

Kerry said...

Loved all the pictures. I hear ya about the hats too. I am so excited to be having a winter baby just for the hat potential!! I love babies in hats. With summer babies I didn't always have much use for them. Although I will say that Baylee had a WIDE assortment of hats and was exceptionally good at letting me torment her with them.

Sounds like a positive sign that they are letting Quinn work out her feeding challenges. All still positive forward motion it sounds like which is fantastic!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh, she is so precious. I can't wait to meet her. We are sending lots of good eating vibes your way!