
No, not that Thanksgiving, but our first Thanksgiving as the Sellers family of three. We decided to do Thanksgiving at home and avoid taking Quinn out in the cold, and to multiple locations. Dalan planned, shopped, and cooked the most wonderful meal. He used Alton Brown's turkey brine recipe, and it was delicious. Look it up next year if you are looking for a new way to cook the turkey. Yum! I just ate leftovers, and I am wanting more! It was that good. Quinn had some sweet potatoes. We had a lovely little family dinner, and although we missed our loved ones, it was special to be able to do something as our family for the first time.
Later, I hit up some of the Black Friday sales with my mom and Ali. We went to Old Navy at midnight, and then ran over to Carter's and the Nike Factory store. We were very successful! Ali and my mom went on the Target at four am, but I went home, knowing I would be up with a wee babe very early, and naps are very limited these days.
3 comments:
Ha, she is totally pulling an Isaac in the foot one! Love it!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving - that's fabulous! I love that she is passed out after dinner, like the rest of us wanted to yesterday! :)
How fun! Wish Sam would be willing to cook a turkey. Way to go Dallin!
I'm totally impressed that Dalan make Thanksgiving dinner! So glad you had a good holiday.
I thought this would be the perfect year to go to the Black Friday sales, since I'm so used to being up at strange hours. :o)
Post a Comment