Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ups and downs plus pictures of the baby

Quinn continues to have good days, and not so good days, and therefore, Dalan and I continue to have good and not so good days.

Yesterday was a good day. She was stable. She opened one her eyes. I got to take her temperature. They started her on breast milk.

Today was a rough day. She has a belly ache. A belly ache in a preemie can be really serious, and even life threatening. However, it is more likely just from the starting feedings yesterday and some air in her belly. Add that to all the other things that can come up in preemies, let alone a super small preemie, and today was a little stressful. I also felt so bad that her belly was so sore. Poor baby.

Here are some pictures from the last two days. I finally got a good picture of her beautiful face.We tried to get some perspective pictures, but we failed. Just as some points of reference, her head is bigger than a golf ball, but smaller than a baseball. Her hands are about the size of dimes. She is longer than a dollar bill, but in the picture she appears to be smaller than one. I also included a picture of one of her diapers, which are too big for her, next to a pen to show how small she is.






7 comments:

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh you guys, she really is so beautiful! Sorry today was a bad day. The bad days are so hard!!! Hoping the belly ache goes away quickly and that she continues to have more and more good days. Let's get some meat on that kid, eh?

Dr. aafb said...

So,so tiny. I can't even believe it! Poor thing with a belly ache. Glad she started on the breast milk. Looks like a fighter to me!

Hilary said...

I still can't fathom the teeny-tininess of her -- even after holding the diaper in my hand, it's still just beyond my ability to comprehend! I'm sorry there are ups and downs, and I'm praying for far more ups! It was good visiting with you tonight, you're amazing, and we're thinking of you and Dalan and Quinn!

Ali said...

I love how I can finally see all her hair!!

Vala said...

Oh, I am so glad you got a close up of her face. If I didn't know better, I would think Quinn was much older from the shot of her head. Gorgeous little face and agreed with Ali, the hair!!! WOW!
I am sorry to hear about a not so good day yesterday - here is to hoping today is much better!
Thanks for the perspective photos, although a little skewed :) they do help me picture it just a little better.

Kerry said...

What a joy to get to see a close up picture of her face! She is beautiful. Those moments when you get a tiny peek of their eyes are heartwarming as well. I too am hoping for more good days for you and a settled tummy!

Jen said...

Sweetness. Love the pics.

Fingers crossed for many more good days to come!