Monday, May 10, 2010

Hospitalized....again

I had my follow up appointment today with the doctor. It went ok. It could have gone a lot better, but it could have gone a lot worse. I was readmitted to the hospital and will stay here, until the baby is born. I would have preferred to go home, of course, but I am also grateful that the baby did not have to be delivered today. Every day and every week that goes by is just more time she has to grow!

The baby still looks good, and they are not concerned that there is anything wrong with her.
That being said, the placenta is not looking good, and is limping along, but it really appears to be a matter of time before it is not functioning well enough to take care of the baby on the inside. When that happens, the baby will have to come. And that might be weeks upon weeks early, and that is terrifying, but the reality of the situation.

They also still concerned with the effects the placenta is having/could have on my blood pressure. Right now, that is under control, but if I end up getting really sick, the baby will have to come.

I am in the hospital, so they can closely monitor the baby and me. Hopefully, we will both stay healthy for weeks and weeks. I have never wanted to be in bed in the hospital so badly in my life. Right now, I have all I need, and both Dalan and I are in good places. We were well aware that this was a possibility, and we were prepared...mentally, emotionally, physically, etc, for this. We love you all, and will keep you all updated the best we can.

3 comments:

Howard Family said...

I am sorry for you, how long til you are due? I hope she stays in for weeks and weeks to, good to hear you have a positive attitude about the hospital stay, make the best of it....

Holli said...

You have such a great attitude, and your little girl is so lucky to have a mom like you. This is just one sacrifice of many for this wee one... We will be thinking of you often, in the mean while you can blog about hospital food and workers :)

~Tana~ said...

Oh sweetie! I am so sorry to hear about your placenta. You do need to be in the hospital to take care of your little girl. You are in my thoughts!! Take care!