Friday, May 21, 2010

A "touching" story

Dalan and I have started to doing "cares" with Quinn. This means we get to help take her temperature, change her tiny diaper, help keep her mouth moistened, and other tasks in helping with Quinn's care. We also got use firm touch to help calm Quinn down yesterday after they had done some procedures on her.

I have now changed two diapers and have loved every minute of it. I am sure I will get to the point where I never want to see another diaper, but right now, I love any opportunity I get to touch my baby!

Quinn is starting to get more feedings of breast milk, but her muscles are too under developed to push poop out, so she is getting enemas to keep her from getting belly aches.

She has a couple of nicknames all ready as well: Quinners, Q-tip, Quinnie the Pooh, and the Mighty Quinn.

Dalan using touch to calm Quinn down.

Me, taking Quinn's temp. We touch her with our bare hands, the nurses use gloves.

Me, changing my first Quinn diaper!

Our tiny baby turned one week old today!

Sweet Baby Quinn

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys get to care for her a little more now, and I bet it's so nice to touch her! She's precious.

Ali said...

Your look very nice! I am impressed!

Holli said...

I am so glad you get to help take care of her...puts changing a diaper into a whole new perspective. She looks so sweet :)

Ali said...

Nails I might add are what look nice

Hilary said...

I'm so happy for you and Dalan and Quinn -- such a cool milestone for your family, getting to touch her and take care of her and physically be there for her . . . it just makes me really happy to see and hear :-)

~Tana~ said...

Oh sweetie! I just caught up on all of your blogs about your little sweetheart! She is a beautiful girl. I am so sorry that she has to stay in the hospital and that you can't take her home. I am glad that you get to be there for her and help with her care. She is so lucky to have you and Dalan. Hang in there. I am praying for you all!

Vala said...

Very precious and "touching." Seeing your hands next to her also helps put her size into perspective. I love hearing all this good stuff!

Kerry said...

These are some of the best size perspective pictures so far! Really good ones. Good that she's tolerating the feedings better, then she can start packing on the grams!

VaRonica said...

I am not surprised at all by her having a big attitude... she is part of our families. I love her so much!!!

Hilary said...

Annie was just looking at these pictures with me, and said, "Oh Mom! She looks so, so, so, so cute . . . she's like a baby doll! She's a tiny person."