Monday, May 24, 2010

Some firsts....

Today was a day of a few firsts:

1. I drove for the FIRST time in two and half weeks. It was so nice to be independent again.

2. Quinn and I had our FIRST alone time. Just the two of us...no nurses, no interruptions....just mama and baby. Of course, she was in her isolette, and I was in chair staring at her, but it was nice and peaceful. I loved it.

3. Dalan and I fed Quinn for the FIRST time. This involves holding the syringe, while a tiny amount of breast milk drips into her feeding tube, and into her belly. It was kind of like holding a bottle for our baby. Loved it.

4. My feet and ankles look normal for the FIRST time in five weeks. I noticed in shower that I was not swollen at all....my feet look so slim, and I have wide feet. Ha, ha, ha!

5. Quinn seems to be tolerating her feeds for the FIRST time, and she has had three smears of poop on her own for the FIRST time. (Hopefully, all the poop talk will stop soon, but right now, pooping is so important for Quinn's progress, that it has to be mentioned.)

And, here is a picture of our little one today....


Quinn has grown 3/4's of an inch since she was born. Her weight has gone up and down (as Ali said, such a typical girl), but should hopefully start to regulate and increase after she is two weeks old.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Awww, congrats on all these firsts! What a great idea to write them all out now too, 'cause the firsts come quicker than you'll realize and before you know it you've lost track :-) And yay for pooping! Go Quinn! :-)

Kerry said...

Nice going Quinn! Keep up the good work. Isn't it amazing how we take driving for granted until you don't for awhile. And then it feels so weird again to be doing it. Sounds like you too are well on the way to recovery. Love seeing all the pictures.

Holli said...

Your a mom...poop comes into many conversations, and it is super important, so ya for Quinn! I am glad you get to do so much with her, and even more glad you are sharing it. That alone time sounds so sweet...no matter how it comes, enjoy the moment.

Vala said...

Wow 3/4 of an inch! That's crazy! I love hearing about all the firsts - keep 'em coming! Goooooo Poop!!!

Leigh and Craig said...

Yay! And the poop talk doesn't stop. It is the topic of many conversations. I'm so proud when Izzy poops I can't imagine what you must feel. Oh, the pride of being a mommy. I"m glad she is doing well!