Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quinners and the Pipes!

Quinn had another good day today! We learned in morning rounds (when all her doctors and nurses discuss Quinn's progress and goals for the day) that both the ultrasound of her heart and her brain came back normal! Hooray! This does not mean that things can't still come up, or that she will have normal scans in the future, but it is good news that everything is looking good now! Her biggest barrier is her size, and along with that, she needs to start producing poop on her own. We need everyone to send Quinn some good vibes so she can start packing on the grams (and start pooping!)

She has gotten increasingly feisty. The doctors and nurses joke that she has no idea that she is so small (sounds just like Piper.... little body, big attitude!) Tonight when Dalan was taking her temperature, she fought him putting her arm down as hard as she could. He said he was flapping her little arm like a chicken wing! And after I changed her diaper, she managed to wiggle half her body off her snugglette. She has a lot of personality and a strong will! I love it!

They had to put an IV in head. Poor baby, but there was a good vein there, and her veins are limited. Tonight, the nurse had me pick out a bow, and we taped it to her IV. A girl needs accessories after all.


On a side note, Dalan and I bought Piper a bone today. A little compensation for her new, crazy schedule, and absentee parents. She chewed it all afternoon, and then finally passed out on her bed. We are pretty sure she is bone-drunk. Look, her pillow is not even really in the bed.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

I love hearing about her fiesty attitude . . . she's such a little fighter and despite her size, seems so strong and willful! :-) Congrats on finally getting the results all back, I'm glad you keep getting more and more good news -- we're sending her all our best 'fattening up' vibes from our house :-)

Vala said...

Damn, I wish I could give her some of my extra fat :) hehe.
I love hearing about her feisty little personality. You are going to have a handful with the Mighty Quinn! (love her nicknames, by the way.) I am so glad her scans came back normal and here's to future scans/tests following this pattern!
Also, Piper is a trooper. She and Quinn were totally made to be sisters :)

Holli said...

Sounds like little "Mighty Quinn" is like her mom on the feisty part....he he It is good to hear the scans came back normal thus far, and here we have a lot of poop, so I will happily send some of those vibes your way :)

Kerry said...

You know the interesting thing here is that women say all the time that they could sense their childrens personalities while still carrying them (based on how hard they kicked and stuff like that). Your post here really goes to show that it's true. It's good that she's fiesty and she needs that personality to fight the battle!

At some point I really want to ask you about how they're feeding her. I can see the orange striping on the feeding tube in the pictures. I'm curious whether they are bolus feeding or using a pump?

Jen said...

Hooray for a good day and good scans! That feisty attitude is going to be an asset!

Kellie Glade said...

Jessica,
Hi! I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. This is Kellie, McKay's older sister. I'm sure you've heard about our crazy little girl, Raegan, and our newest addition, Ross.

Your posts are all very touching and uplifting. It sure makes me grateful and to never ever complain about having my babies come late again.

I know that each day is another miracle and we pray that she will keep on fighting with her little girly attitude (it will turn into drama later :))

I've been getting updates through Ali, but its nice to see your view as Quinn's mother. Please let me know if you need anything at all.
Loves,
Kellie Glade (Meier)

~Tana~ said...

I am glad she is a fighter! I am sending her some get fat vibes so that she will get to go home and meet piper soon!