Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bed Rest

I am on bed rest again....until the baby comes.
Hopefully, this bed rest lasts for weeks and weeks, but it might not.
The doctors think my placenta is not functioning properly, and it will be only a matter of time before we have the baby.
The poor functioning placenta is likely what caused the spike in my blood pressure, not the other way around.
I am only 24 weeks along, so we are well aware that this is really early to be talking about having the baby, but it just might happen that way.
I received steroid shots to help the baby's lungs develop, and have an appointment on Monday to follow up on the baby's growth, my blood pressure, and some test results.
This sucks and it is scary, but we are doing our best to hang in there.

6 comments:

Vala said...

I'm just going to stick with Placenta on spring break. Back soon.

Seriously, though, whatever happens, you are going to power through, because you are a strong woman and have a great husband, and that's just the kind of person you are!!!

Shelly said...

Oh no Jess, I am so sorry to hear this. Please let hoyt and me know if you need anything while you are on bed rest. Seriously, anything. Magazines, movies, etc....

Hang in there, you and Dalan are in our thoughts.

Jen said...

Just saw your post. I'm so sorry! I'm sure it's very scary. I'm glad you've made it to 24 weeks. You and baby girl are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. We're tentatively planning to be in Utah for July 4th weekend, so we'll definitely come visit. Hopefully you'll still be resting and waiting for baby!

Hilary said...

I can't stop thinking about you Jess -- let me know what I can do! You know, besides finding your old AP European Marxist poetry in my box of 'Senior Year' stuff, and bring it over. Cause that's a given.

Kerry said...

Oh boy. Well you know what they say, try to relax (I know, I know not the easiest thing to do at the moment). If you have any questions or anything about pre-term babies I'm happy to share my experience. My heart goes out to you, I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster you're on right now. Hang in there!

~Tana~ said...

Wow! I am so sorry to hear this sweetie! Take care of yourself and your little one!!