Wednesday, August 13, 2014

24th of July

As much as I LOVE the 4th of July, I have really lukewarm feelings about the 24th of July. I don't know if I have ever been to the big parade downtown, and really just think of the whole day as the 4th's ugly stepsister.  

However, we DID really have a nice 24th this year.  So maybe, it is starting to grow on me a little. 

We went to Pioneer Days at the park in the morning/early afternoon with my mom. Quinn played on the bounce houses, in the sandbox, got her face painted, learned a pioneer game, and rode on a train. It was really fun. We did it last year as well, and I like our little 24th tradition. 












Then that evening, we went to my parents' house for pizza and fireworks. It was yummy, and fun. I think we should make that our new tradition!  

The next night, Dalan, Quinn, and I walked over the LDS church in our neighborhood to watch the fireworks from the pioneer pageant at the park.  It was ok.  We had the weirdest encounter ever with another family who was leaving a scout meeting there, and then the fireworks were just so-so. We will probably not be making that a new tradition.  


And some comparisons...




No comments: