Quinn had about six speech therapy sessions that certainly didn't hurt anything, but I don't know how much they helped either. Oh well, she loved her therapist and the structured play time was good for her. Quinn turned three, and no longer qualified for at home services. She could have possibly qualified for speech services in a main stream preschool in the fall, but there are no services available in the summer for her. So, we'll just see how her speech is going in the fall and go from there.
She has been saying some hilarious things lately.
1. I'm a princess.
(This isn't so funny, but a testament to Disney's marketing. She has had no interest so far in princesses, but there is a commercial that says that line and she has picked up on it loud and clear.)
2. Dalan: Quinn, please don't hang on the door knob.
Quinn: But, I am a little monkey. Heh, heh, heh!
3. Me: Quinn, at Ali and McKay's wedding you are going to wear a pretty dress, and you get to throw flower petals. It will be so fun!
Quinn: (who is obsessed with flowers). Yes! But they will smell so good.
4. Kid at park: Hi, I'm Jett.
Quinn: Nice to meet you, boy.
5. Monster Mike is green and has just one eye. Baby Boo is so cute and has two eyes.
6. I see poop on the floor. A big mess on the floor. Out of Piper Jean's bum.
7. I'm a Stegosaurus. Dad is a Stegosaurus. Mom is a T-Rex.
8. Forgettin' somethin'. I know! My pack pack.
9. Go to the playground? (Sad voice). I know, go to the playground tomorrow. Go to the store tonight.
10. Quinn pulled my mom's Target card out of her wallet and said, "Target!" And demonstrated how to swipe the card. Tonight while we were playing Candyland, she was turning all the cards in credit cards and swiping them.
No comments:
Post a Comment