Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vacation 2012- Day 4

First of all, let me tell you how grateful I am that this vacation was just a vacation from my summer vacation- it wiped me out.  I still feel like I am catching up on sleep, and of course, household chores, and I am not even working!

The plan:  get up semi-early, head to California Adventure, rest in the afternoon, and go back in the evening.

We got up and out the door in a very timely manner.  You have got to love traveling with people who travel the same way you do- no fuss/no muss in the morning, and get to your destination on time!

We ran into Pluto right away once we got to California Adventure.  Quinn loved him the most out of all the characters we ended up meeting.  Maybe because he was first, or maybe because he is a dog, or maybe both.


 


Then Ali, Dalan, and I headed to Tower of Terror while Quinn and Patti went to a Bug's Life.  We rode the Tower of Terror twice by getting a Fast Pass, and let me tell you, it was fun, but I seriously thought, I might pee my pants the first time.  Seriously guys!




Quinn wasn't feeling the Bug's Life Train, so my mom took her to meet Donald while we rode the second time.  An app on my phone told me roughly where all the characters would be and at what time.  Luckily, we got off the ride the second time just in time to meet up with them, and meet Donald too.  Next Quinn rode the merry- go- round.  She picked a pink dolphin and loved it.  We also took her on the Little Mermaid ride, which she didn't really like.



Note the new tube of sun screen in her hand. 



Ali and Dalan rode California Screamin' while my mom and I took Quinn to the new Carsland.  It was so cool.  Quinn as much as she was (and still is) in love with the movie wasn't all that interested.  We also met Duffy Bear and saw Lightenin' McQueen drive down the rode.  At some point we also saw Mickey Mouse. 


 

Next the "big" kids rode Soarin' Over California which was pretty cool too.  We then took Ali and Dalan through Carsland, and were then ready for lunch.  After lunch, we went to Downtown Disney, so Ali could get a present from the Lego store for McKay, and headed back to the room.  We all passed out for long naps!

Ready for a nap, holding her new Minnie doll. 


I was impressed with California Adventure, because it was big and beautiful, was easy to find the bathroom, and food, but I would pick Disneyland any day over it.  Disney is more magical, and has more activities for little kids.

In the evening, we decided to go to Disneyland rather than back to California Adventure.  We got Dole Whips for a snack, and they were so good.  Yum!

Quinn is dancing to the music, although she looks rather angry.  She also refused to have her shoes velcroed most of the time. 


Quinn had a blast in the early evening- she loved the Jungle Cruise, and Winnie the Pooh.  We also bought her a pack of suckers to help her enjoy her stroller time.  She was one sticky mess.  

We took Quinn on the other Merry-Go-Round, and I took Quinn on the Jr Circus Train while Patti (!!!!!!), Ali, and Dalan rode Big Thunder Mountain.

Looking mad again- she is, but not about the ride or lack of sleep.  She didn't want her picture taken again. 

I then got Quinn to sleep in my arms, but she would not be put back in her stroller, and was in a total "only mom will do" mood.  Ali and I rode Big Thunder Mountain, hoping she would sleep for Dalan and my mom as we had Fast Passes for the end of night on Splash Mountain.  No dice.  She just got more mad.  My mom and I decided we would go back to the room, while Ali and Dalan finished the night up.  Quinn just was screaming and thrashing, so I put her in the stroller, as she was killing my back, and crying anyway, however, once she saw the buses (shuttles), she was happy as can be.  Silly babies.

Day 4 by the numbers:

4: Dole Whips
4: Characters met
2: Tower of Terror rides
1: Charming and fun toddler before dark.
1: Overly tired toddler after dark0: Wallets left for Ali and Dalan at Disneyland equaled
0: Snacks for them
0: Adults peed their pants

6 comments:

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

on day 5 do more than 0 adults pee their pants?

Jessi said...

Your comment just made me pee my pants!

Vala said...

Haha! I love your days by the numbers. The photos are so cute and it continues to sound like a good ole time! The sunscreen thing is killing - Isaac carried around a little tube for days a few months back, too :)

Kerry said...

I love how Quinn gets mad about having her picture taken. My kids are like that sometimes too, cracks me up. They'll regret it when they're older. haha

Border Collie Lipstick said...

What a fun adventure! I love the mix of photos and your commentary :)