We got up, and used the GPS on the iphone, and headed to Crystal Cove beach. It was beautiful, and different than the beaches I had been to in Southern California before. It actually reminded me of Northern California's beaches, but warmer.
Quinn was unsure about the whole thing at first. She has only been to the beach one other time, and has only been in sand a handful of time. She liked the water ok, but didn't like when the waves went back into the ocean. I am guessing she thought she was going to be sucked away. She quickly warmed up the sand, and had a blast digging, and making castles.
Ali and Dalan spent most of their time in the water. I hung out in the water a bit too. Ali, Dalan, and I all ended up losing our sunglasses in the ocean. Yes, I lost the brand new pair my mom had bought for me the day before. Sad. Sad. Sad.
Ali, my mom, and I also all ended up getting sunburned, despite sunscreen! Quinn and Dalan escaped the burn....lucky them.
Quinn feel asleep on the way home, and took a huge nap. The rest of showered and napped too. It was quite relaxing and nice.
We headed over the Angel's game, and bought our tickets. While waiting in line, Quinn was holding Ali's other pair of sunglasses, loudly proclaiming, "mine, mine." And then she broke them. So Ali "lost" both pairs of sunglasses in one day. Sad.
It was Albert Puljos hat night, so the adults all got a free baseball cap, which was nice, because our seats were looking right into the sun for the first inning of the game, and the hats helped.
Quinn was ok during the game, a little wild, a little sleepy, and a lot cute. She stayed up for the ride home to the hotel surprisingly.
| Playing with the ice chest, while waiting for the game to start. |
| Tears about getting her picture taken, not the game. |
When we got back to our hotel, there was NO parking. Ali, my mom, and Quinn got out to go up to the room, while Dalan and I went to figure something out. Luckily, someone pulled out and we got the spot, only to find the rest of the gang locked out of the room. Apparently, there was a mix up with our check out date, and they had turned off our keys. We got new ones, and settled in for a good night's rest to prepare for the next day at California Adventure.
Day 3 by the numbers:
15: sand castles
8: innings of rooting for the home team
4: tickets to the Angel's game
4: pairs of lost sunglasses
3: sunburned ladies
3: people enjoying their first major league baseball game
1: bagel stolen by a seagull









2 comments:
I love love beach pictures! Beach days are so relaxing to me. I'm already starting to plan our trip next year and I've built in THREE beach days to our schedule!
I think baseball games are super fun too. Maybe I should see if there's a Dodgers game while we're there.
DAMN seagulls! Ok now I feel really bad about all of the MIA sunglasses! Sounds like the day was not all bad though and that you guys had a wonderful and relaxing time (jealous)
Post a Comment