Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacation 2012- Day 1

The plan: Dalan, Quinn, Patti, and I will leave bright and early Sunday morning so we can have plenty of time in Southern California for our first night of vacation. Also so we can pick Ali up from the airport in the afternoon.

We packed the car the night before and left right at 6 am as planned. The drive to St. George and then onto las Vegas was seamless. Quinn was content, and we were making great time.

Then, we hit traffic jam after traffic jam, including a road closure. We ended up turning around on the freeway and having to take a frontage road at one point. Our ten hour drive quickly became a 12 hour drive.

Quinn was a trooper the entire time. She even started drawing "things" on her magnadoodle. She drew herself, Ali and Scout, and Ali and a kitty. Too cute.

We made a stop at a random gas station that had a urinal waterfall in the men's room, and paid $10 for a juice and a pack of gum.
 

When we finally arrived at our hotel, it was time to pick up Ali from the airport. Quinn and I stayed at the hotel while my mom and Dalan went to get her. The Tom Tom lead them astray, but eventually they made it the Long Beach Airport.

While they were gone, Quinn had a lot of energy. She managed to hurt herself three times in a row right away, so I decided to take her for a walk around our hotel, even though she was dressed in the style of "porky pig" (shirt, no pants). I quickly realized we were super close to Disney! We walked to the gate, so I could time the walk (eight minutes). I had to get a picture of her by something that said Disney, so I took her picture by the garbage can, dressed like Porky Pig and all.

After, Ali was picked up we headed to dinner and enjoyed the beautiful weather. When we got back to the hotel, Quinn discovered the movie, Cars for the first time, and was instantly in love.

We called it an early night, and went to bed right after the fireworks from Disneyland.

Day 1 by the numbers:

70-85: degrees in Southern California
12: hours in the car
10: dollars for juice and gum
10: PM bedtime.
8: minutes to Disney from our hotel
2: movies watched by Quinn
1: detour
1: crazy lady walking around Disney with a kid with no pants





3 comments:

Cook.Clean.RUN.Dream said...

That sounds about typical. Traffic jam after traffic jam. I'm glad you finally made it though. And really smart to time the walk to the front gate! I can't wait for all the pictures to come.

Vala said...

Haha! Porky pig style made me lol...we see a lot of that in these parts! That urinal waterfall is disgusting! Seriously?

VaRonica said...

I am amazed by Quinn's car riding abilities! We will need to do a trip together soon!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip... lovin it so far!