Friday, July 13, 2012

Lagoon 2012

On Wednesday, it was Harmon's Day at Lagoon. This year it ended up being just the girls- my mom, Ali, Quinn, and me. We had a great time, but it was so hot for most of the day.

Ali and I rode the White Roller Coaster eight or nine times without hardly a wait. It seems like the roller coasters are the only rides being run with any sort of efficiency. The merry-go-round, train, and the bumper cars were a joke with how slow and how many people were left in line despite there being open seats. It was especially irritating in the heat.

Patti did not win anything in the company drawing this year. Boo! Ali took Quinn over to get some watermelon during the drawing, and Quinn told her no, but then on her own pointed to the brownies, and said, "sure, sure." Needless to say, she got a brownie.

We also learned Quinn gets grumpy when she is too hot. She was much more enjoyable to be around once things cooled off. She also hated the lion on the merry-go-round. She practically rolls her eyes as she shouts no if you ask her if she rode on the lion.

I rode the Colossus this year as a Sisterhood promise to Ali. It was horrible. I just closed my eyes and faked smile to make it through. I also might have made reference to throwing up my hot dog.

Next year, Quinn will hopefully be tall enough to ride some real rides and it was good practice for our upcoming trip to Disneyland, not to mention, a kick-ass good time.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Love this -- I like that she has multiple cute polka dot outfits for the day :-)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

What a fun day. And I agree with Hilary, Quinn has the cutest little outfits.

Vala said...

Good times at the goon! I can't believe Patti didn't win a cool prize this year, though. :-)
Isaac still hasn't been. next year.

Kerry said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you held your hot dog down. lol