Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carvin'

On Friday, we went to my parents' house for the annual carving of the pumpkins. It was quite a fun night, although we did miss Cole and Natalie. They were busy at a party. We ate homemade chicken noodle soup, played awesome Halloween games planned by yours truly, and of course carved pumpkins. Quinn loves to pat pumpkins, and had fun watching all the carving action, although we couldn't get her to pull out any pumpkin guts. She is a girl after my own heart, I tell you! I did carve a beautiful mustached pumpkin that looked like it was suppose to....score!





Our classic Carlson pose with the pumpkins on the table didn't turn out so well this year. They are kind of dark, and Quinn was pretty tired by this point, and refused to sit and pose on the table. Oh well, next year.



Quinn also became terrified of this talking jack o lantern that she has seen/heard a billion times. It was hilarious and sad at the same time. She loved a fly bat that my parents also have out. She kissed and hugged it, and signed more, more, more for us to make it fly. Nothing sweeter than a toddler and her bat.


Link
To see past Halloween carving session, click here, here, and here.

2 comments:

VaRonica said...

I really want to start a pumpkin carving tradition. Nathan doesn't seem too into it, so i might have to just start one and force him into it hahaha. I love how creative you all are and that you maintain this tradition! Yeah for Halloween.

Nathan said...

I can't stand pulling the guts out of the pumpkin, it makes my skin crawl.