Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quinn and Carter

There were three families that we became particularly close with while Quinn was in the NICU. Each of these families and babies have a special place in our hearts. One of these babies was Carter. He was born two weeks after Quinn, and was born over 15 weeks early and weighed about one and half pounds. We spent a lot of time in pod D (the "sickest" pod of the NICU) together, and Dalan and I got to know his parents very well.

Quinn and Carter had never actually seen each other despite living at the same location for several months. Well, this week they both had an appointment at the Neonatal Clinic (which was the biggest waste of time ever in our opinion, but that is another story) at the U. on the same day. So, they got to meet each other. Quinn got the biggest smile on her face when she saw him. She spent the next little while just staring at him, and he at her. They were even mistaken as twins.



I wasn't actually there. Silly work. I am bummed I missed seeing Carter and Janae. However, that explains why my child is not wearing socks, despite the 13 degree weather that day. There was also a rush to get out the door, which explains why Quinn is still wearing her nasal cannula. I am so happy we have these pictures of Quinn and Carter.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I love the pictures! And the no socks :-)
And Carter's outfit -- Isaac has that exact same outfit, and it's my favorite. :-)

Kerry said...

Okay, can I also just say that generic "clinics" are STUPID. It's their opportunity to learn from you (if you get someone that's engaged) but don't ever go there expecting to get anything out of it. I always used to feel so USED. It's hard to explain. I am now to the point that I opt OUT of clinics for Baylee. Taking an afternoon off work to be asked stupid questions that don't even make sense because they don't even really know Baylee nor our family life and home situation.

Anyway, off the soap box now. Sorry! I'm glad that Quinn got to visit with an old friend and so cute that it seems like they "knew" eachother.