Quinn is now established enough at breast feeding that we got to try bottle feeding today. Since Quinn lives away from her mama, and her mama will be working during her infancy, she needs to be able to drink from both the breast and the bottle. Although breast and bottle aren't necessarily the same, drinking from the bottle also gives us a little better idea of Quinn's sucking, swallowing, and breathing abilities, as well as, how much milk she is actually getting in a feeding. It was also an excellent opportunity for Dalan to finally get to participate in the feeding process.




I am pleased to report that she did wonderfully, and is getting closer and closer to passing off this milestone, and coming home. I am also pleased to announce that the eye doctor found that her eyes remained the same this week, and possibly a little better, but not worse. I was so relieved. Keep sending eye vibes our way, they seem to be working!
5 comments:
So cute! What a cool thing for Dalan, to be able to help out with the feedings! She is such a cutie Jess, I can't believe how amazingly she's doing -- she's a super overachiever and she's only three months old! :-)
How fun! I'm so glad that the bottle feeding went well. Even more glad that her eyes haven't digressed any. Since I now know how important that is. I bet this is the point that you get to where you start feeling like, okay when does my baby get to come home? Such a double edged sword. You want her to be in the safest environment possible but at the same time you want to enjoy her some in your home environment before returning to work. I'm sending lots of good vibes her way!
I am so glad she's taking to breast and bottle so well! What a champ :) Here's to the eyes staying on track, too! YAY!
How exciting for daddy Dalan! Can't wait for the post when you announce she's headed home!
That is the smallest bottle. I am glad she is making progress. I am sending healing vibes your way.
Post a Comment