Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching Up

My wonderful friends showered Quinn with gifts this weekend. They were so generous and thoughtful, it is overwhelming for me. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful and supportive friends. The shower was so fun and "normal". It felt so good to do something traditional, since the last eleven weeks have been everything, but normal. Thanks to everyone who came, it was seriously very therapeutic and good for me. It was such a special afternoon.


Quinn got a bath on Monday. She continues to love her bath. She "ohhed" and "ahhhed" again, and was totally relaxed. Bath time is one of my most favorite times with Quinn. Quinn got a lot of fun toys for the tub, and some wash clothes and towels. I can't wait until we are doing bath time at home.


Quinn is getting bigger and bigger and more and more alert. She breast fed this afternoon, and then stayed awake and alert. She sat against her boppy, and sucked on her binkie and stared at her daddy. I got some of my favorite pictures this afternoon of her ever.



Quinn also sat in her bouncy/vibrating seat for the first time tonight. It melted my heart. She looked so old and so big. I cannot believe Quinn is now to a stage where she can do fun things like sit in a seat. What a big girl! She also wore newborn sized clothes for the first time. Most of the pictures were coming out blurry. So, here are just a few. She was really happy most of the time in her new seat.


And finally, here are a bunch of random, mostly sleeping pictures of Quinn from the last few days. She is so cute, and she is doing so well. She has weaned off of her high flow oxygen, and is now on a regular nasal cannula. She is doing really well with breast feeding, and she seems to be transferring milk from breast to her mouth. She has an eye exam tomorrow. Her eye development is her biggest question mark right now. Her eyes are right on the borderline of being ok, so I need everyone to send positive eye development vibes to Quinn. I know all your support and love has totally helped Quinn grow and heal!


7 comments:

Holli said...

Okay, so I find it even more amazing that I got to hold that tiny panda pj, and it fits her so well....crazy! I love all her new pics. She actually looks very baby like and less premie. She is so cute, and I really hope the eye test goes good for her. Come on Quinn you can do it!

Kerry said...

I LOVED all the picures! Thanks so much for inviting me to your shower, it was so good to see you after so long. I especially loved the picture of her in the pink hat with the brown trimmed ruffle. Adorable! She does seem to be such a "big girl" in these pictures. It's so amazing how far she's come in such a short amount of time. I'm sending lots of good eye development vibes your way today!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh my, she is sooooo cute! I find myself looking back at Macey's pictures from when she was this "age" and I can't believe how similar they seem! We are so thrilled that she continues to grow and thrive. Good vibes coming our way for the eye exam (Mace was an "eye hostage" for what seemed like forever). Good luck!

Vala said...

I am so glad that your shower felt therapeutic and normal - hooray! I had a great time, too.
I love these photos of Quinn - her eyes are beautiful, and she looks so alert these days!
I am definitely sending the eye and the love vibes!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you had fun at your baby shower!!! Hooray for Quinn getting big and wearing newborn clothes! Love the pics!

VaRonica said...

I can't believe how big and blue her eyes are!!! I hope that she got lots of fun things at the shower :)

Dr. aafb said...

I love the one with her eyes open so big! I love that she can wear cute clothes now. Wish I could have been at the shower. Eye Vibes coming your way!