Saturday, August 21, 2010

Updates and bets

We are still here! Sorry, this work/hospital thing is tough. I fear I will be blogging less and less, but I will try my best to at least post pictures and mini-updates. I am trying to figure out how to post from my phone, but I am not smart enough.

Here is the latest and greatest on Quinn:

1. She is smiley and happy most of the time.
2. She loves her binkie, her Mozart, her mobile, and her bouncy chair.
3. Her eyes were the same this week. We are still keeping our fingers crossed that they improve and mature, so surgery won't be necessary.
4. She loves nursing, but has become ambivalent about the bottle.
5. She pulled my hair for the first time this morning. I loved it. It felt so right as I untangled my hair from her little hands.

Next Friday, Quinn will be 40 weeks gestation! This upcoming date is bittersweet for me. I am excited that we have made it this far, and that she is doing so well. I love that she has gone from a one pound scrawny little thing, to a plump and happy baby.

But, I am mourning the loss of a normal pregnancy. I find myself being insanely jealous of the round pregnant women wobbling into the hospital. I am sad that I could not carry her full term, and she has had to endure so much in her first months of life. I am grateful she is getting excellent medical care, but hating the fact that I will be still be visiting my full term baby at the hospital.

Since, I can't hold a pool for people guessing her date of birth, weight, height, time of birth, etc. I am doing the closest thing possible and going to have you all guess her weight and height on her due date. I will give the winner a special shout out on my blog. Oh and Ah, just what you have always wanted.








11 comments:

Vala said...

Okay, I am going to guess 6 lb 12 oz, and 17.25 inches, and hmmm...female! ;-)
I am sorry that you are mourning the loss of carrying Quinn full term. I am sure that is extremely hard. I am so glad that Quinn is doing as well as she is given when she entered the world! You guys are fabulous!
PS - looks like your phone posts much be successful because I see a blog called "test" hehe

Shelly said...

oh she is just cuter and cuter. I have promised never to guess on a woman's height and weight. lol, nah, I just suck at those kind of things.

She is adorable, as always.

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh, I am loving her! She is looking so cute, healthy, and big. I especially love the first 2 with her smiling. And I can so relate to your feelings, especially about big ole fat pregnant woment. I still feel that way today (nearly 2 years later). And the ABSOLUTE worst is when I hear people complaining about being so big and uncomfortable and ready to "get this baby out". It's all I can do to not bop them right in the face. Anyway, here's hoping to a clean bill of health from the eye doc and that she can come home sooner rather than later. And my guesses would be 6 lb 14.5 ounces and 18 inches long!

Jen said...

Here's my guess:

6 lb 14 oz, 18.5 inches

I'm sure your feelings are all normal. It is a loss, and losses need to be mourned. You are smart to talk about your feelings.

Looking forward to more posts, even if they're mini ones!

Unknown said...

Oh, she looks so darn cute, and I'm so sorry for the way you're feeling, I'm here if you need me.

My guess is 6 lbs 9 oz and 17 inches

~Tana~ said...

She is getting so big, every day! I glad she came into your life, even if it was way too soon. She is going to be a tough girl like her mom!

Holli said...

I am guessing 7 lbs...hey why not? and then 17 inches long...lucky 7! Lets let the luck keep on going with her eyes better this week too. Jessi I am sorry that you didn't make it full term with Quinn....I am just happy that we have modern technology to keep this sweet adorable baby into the world, even if she came earlier than planned. At least she has a really strong mom, and looks to me like that is genetic :)

Kerry said...

I'm going to guess:

16 3/4 inches
6 lbs 8 oz

I'm sorry about how you're feeling as well. I do know how it feels to be disappointed in your birth experience. All the "look on the bright side" talk is crap. Okay, well it's not total crap but at the same time you are totally entitled to feel disappointed. It's frustrating when something as natural for a woman as carry a baby doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It's a hard thing for us as women to deal with. I hope you have a smooth transition to work as well as a transition to a new visitation schedule. :o)

Jenn McGee said...

I'm going for 7 pounds even! This to shall pass and it will be wonderful when you can bring her home!!!

Ali said...

17.25 inches and 6 pounds 14 oz

Dr. aafb said...

I'm going to guess 17.5 inches and 6 lbs 13oz.
When I heard you had Quinn so soon I of course was scared for Quinn and the implications/unknowns a preemie brings with it. I too felt bad that you had missed out on the opportunity to be pregnant and enjoy the baby showers, the anticipation and all that brings. So don't feel bad about having these feelings. It's ok. But, in the end it all really doesn't matter because you have a beautiful healthy baby and it doesn't matter how she got here! Can't wait to meet her!