Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Up and down and all around

Quinn had a bit of a rough day. I think she was just not feeling well from her immunizations yesterday. Poor baby. You could just tell she was not feeling that great, especially since she would not take her binkie. She was having a hard time keeping her saturation levels up, and our hearts broke for our wee babe. They had to come up some on her oxygen and give her some blood (which meant an iv in the head.....ouch!) We had to put off non-nutritive breast feeding for the day. However, progress is not lost, just a small set back.

Quinn showing off her latest hair "accessory."

Sleepy baby.
Snuggling with dad cures everything.

Zonked out

The good news is that she seemed to be feeling better this evening. She had a good visit with her grandparents, and a good snuggle with her mama. She sucked away on her binkie, and got to wear a super cute new outfit from her friend Adri. She looked adorable in her pink polka dot ensemble.

Look at my cute polka dots!

Getting ready for bed.

5 comments:

VaRonica said...

She does look awesome in her new jammies! Sorry that she wasn't feeling well, but glad that the new accessory is making her feel better, hopefully it wont have to stay in long :)

Kerry said...

I love that you can joke about the new "hair accessory". It's amazing how you mentally adjust to the situation. I remember that with Baylee and then looking back and being amazed. Because of Baylee's disability she had to be tube fed after she came home, they told me I needed to learn to take the tube out the nose and reinsert a new one before they would release her. Amazingly enough I took it in stride, but if you'd asked me a month prior if I could handle that I would have told you HELL NO!! You're a strong Mama .. keep rocking!

Vala said...

aw, poor babe. Shots are so yucky, Isaac never seems himself and sleeps more on shot days, too. I hope she's back to good ole Quinners today!

Talina said...

I'm sorry for the small step back but it is so great to read about Quinn's progress on your blog. She is such a cutie! I can't wait for the day she and Isaac are best of friends :)

Hilary said...

So adorable in her outfit!
And all the pictures of her snuggling peacefully against Dalan just melt my heart -- definitely a Daddy's girl in the making! :-)