The word of the week is "Quinn-tuple"!
Quinn is now a five pound, 2 ounce baby!
On Tuesday, she quintupled her birth weight by going from 440 grams to 2,210 grams in 75 days.
On Wednesday, she was exactly 4 pounds heavier than her birth weight. 15.5 ounces to 4 pounds and 15.5 ounces in 10 and half weeks.
Today, she broke the 5 pound barrier, and weighed in at a hefty 5 pounds and 2 ounces one day before turning 11 weeks old/36 weeks adjusted gestation!
On Tuesday, she quintupled her birth weight by going from 440 grams to 2,210 grams in 75 days.
On Wednesday, she was exactly 4 pounds heavier than her birth weight. 15.5 ounces to 4 pounds and 15.5 ounces in 10 and half weeks.
Today, she broke the 5 pound barrier, and weighed in at a hefty 5 pounds and 2 ounces one day before turning 11 weeks old/36 weeks adjusted gestation!
Here is what a five pound Quinners looks like....



Other important milestones/updates this week:
We started NUTRITIVE (regular, traditional) breast feeding. It is going well, not perfect yet, but we are getting there. Quinn and I will practice nursing twice a day for now, and eventually she will transfer over to all oral feeds, either by breast or bottle.
Quinn successfully weaned some more on her oxygen needs.
She still loves her binkie! No surprise there. I dropped her binkie while holding her tonight, and she would suck on her thumb or fist, only to get frustrated and tongue thrust for her binkie. The girl is addicted to her bink.
Here is what a binkie addict looks like....

9 comments:
I am so proud of Quinn for working so hard and accomplishing so much! I can't believe she is getting so grown up and will be coming home so soon now with all of her progress :) YEAH QUINN!
Love it!! Congrats .. at least when Baylee was in the NICU 5 lbs was a BIG BIG deal. They wouldn't release her weighing less. Nicely done! I'm sending you good thoughts with the feedings too!
I love the five pound Quinn! Congrats on the breast feeding!
Congratulations Quinn! That's amazing!
How tall is she now?
Congrats on the breast feeding too -- I'm so glad it's going well! Isaac's going on three and a half weeks now of traditional breast feeding, and it still takes us several minutes in the middle of the night sometimes to get latched on (or if he's overly hungry or anxious, he takes FOREVER to finally catch on to what I'm trying to get him to do), so that's just fantastic she's doing so well so quickly! Once again, Quinn blows everyone's greatest expectations outta the water! :-)
Oh, and get a picture for me when she hits 5 lbs. 4 oz. (which'll be today, probably!) That's how much I was when I was born, and I've never been able to picture it :-)
YEAH! She is so cute, and I love that she is actually starting to look chubby. I also think it is beyond cute how much she loves her bink. Way to go on the nursing, even term babies sometimes have a hard time with that. :)
I am so happy that your beautiful little girl is getting so big!!! You are an amazing woman!!! This is rough and stressful and you are just doing what you need to do!! I am sending you good vibes!!!
She looks so so cute!!!
She is high on the bink, that's for sure. I am so ecstatic about her major poundage! YEAH! I am glad that she's making steps toward her remaining goals for coming home, too! WOO HOO!
Go, baby! What an exciting week! P.S. It takes most moms & babies awhile to figure out the whole breast feeding thing.
Post a Comment