Saturday, July 17, 2010

FOUR

Quinn is now a four pounder! Can you believe it? It thrills me to no end to be able to say I have a four pound baby opposed to a one pound baby (or two or three pounds for that matter). Although, I will always get ohhhs and ahhhs when people ask how much Quinn weighed at birth, and I say, "15 and half ounces." It is now nice to be able to add, "but she weighs four pounds now."

Quinn also got moved to a new room and a new pod last night. It sucks. We left our familiar and friendly old pod, and even though technically we probably over stayed our welcome there (as it is for new, tiny, or sick babies...and Quinn has been none of those for quite sometime), we already miss it. We also seriously had the best room in the place...it was large, private, and with windows. Our room now is shared, dark, and small.....gasp! I miss our old rooms desperately, even her first little room. Sure, it was small and dark, but it was private. At least, it had something going for it. Dalan did tell me that our nurse, Allison, is campaigning to get Quinn back in a room with a window. Let's hope.

I used to be able to tell what day a picture was taken by Quinn's bedding, now I have to pay attention to her clothes....how cool is that????

Quinn continues to be feeling better, and they have started back with her weaning of her oxygen. Fingers crossed that all goes well. We so appreciate all your positive thoughts and vibes. Keep them coming.



(These pictures were taken in her old room...before all the newly born multiples forces us out...thus the natural light.)

Edit to add: Quinn is moving to a new room tonight. It is a little bigger, and has a window. She will still have a roommate, but it better than what we had...hooray for our nurse getting things done!

Edit to add 2: The nurses really worked their magic. We now have a private room with a window in our new pod. I am so happy!

7 comments:

Vala said...

FOUR! YAHOOOOO!!!! That is so exciting. I am very bummed to hear about the new housing situation for Quinn, however, I am very pleased to hear about the reasons why :) One step closer to her real home! She's come a long way! I do hope that the nurse is able to help get you a window. Otherwise, Quinn will feel like she is in my old classroom. hehe

Hilary said...

She is so amazing! Four! That's just awesome! Congrats on the slightly upgraded room -- sorry she has a roomie though!

Holli said...

Funny because four is still so small, but in comparison it is so big....yeah for Quinn! I hope she continues to do so good, and I am glad you have a crib for her to come home to, and not a drawer :)

Claire Whitehead said...

OK, I know I only met you once at Sierra's house party over Thanksgiving (I'm Kelly Guillory's partner, Claire)...but, I've been following and am in love with this lil' quinn. I think she looks so much like you...now you can really see the resemblance. Don't you think? Or is it just me...

Jessi said...

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the nice message! It is great to hear from you. I agree that Quinn is totally looking like her mama these days. When she gets to 40 weeks adjusted gestation, I think I will post babies pictures of Quinn, Dalan, and me for a comparison.

Kerry said...

I bet you never thought you would EVER be saying, "YAY I HAVE FOUR POUND BABY!!!" I get it. Congrats!!

Dr. aafb said...

Lucky number 4. Yay for Quinn!