Friday, July 9, 2010

Exciting day

Quinn had an exciting day.

She moved to a new room, a room with big east facing windows. It is bigger, and brighter.

Old room
See that window behind the equipment. That is the window Quinn was passed through after she was born

New room!

She also got to wear clothes for the first time. She wore a darling onesie that her Great Aunt Mary Lou gave her. She looked so cute. After we put it on, she left her arms straight out for a couple of minutes. I am not sure she knew she could still move them. She is doing a good job of maintaining her temperature, and is working her way to an open crib. (notice no feeding tube....see next paragraph)


She also pulled her feeding tube out four times today. Crazy baby. I think she is trying to tell us she is ready for nursing. She just needs to lower her oxygen needs a bit, and then it is go time.

She also got to snuggle with her mom one time, and her dad two times. See that string/tie hanging down from the gown. Quinn loves to hold them while we snuggle. She always wants her hands touching something.



She can move her head on her own, and moves it from one side to another at least once per holding. Strong baby.

She also smiles all the time now. If people are laughing in the room, Quinn is likely smiling in her isolette.



She was awake and alert today. It was adorable. While I was holding her this morning. We just looked into each others eyes. It was very special.



She continues to love her binkie. She chomped on it all morning long. She totally attacks it like an alligator.

Passed out after a good chomping session.

4 comments:

VaRonica said...

So is so precious... I love her! I am thinking that she is ready to get that tube out too, she can do it, give her another week and I am thinking she will be without it forever!!! GO QUINN!

Shelly said...

Congrats!!

She is so adorable!!!

Hilary said...

She is so adorable, and amazing! I'm so happy you guys got a room upgrade, yay Quinn! Way to outgrow your little room and get bumped up to one of the 'big girl' rooms! :-)
She looks so cute with the flower and her little onesie . . . she's all girl!

Vala said...

A room with a view! YES! She is looking mighty fine :) Cute little onesie, and it looks like it fits her! Awesome! She is making so much progress - it's unbelievable! I must see you again soon. I have ESL all this week, but what about the week after? Send me a message :)