Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A blog with two possible titles

Title 1: Ticket and Tears

I got pulled over today and received a ticket for speeding. This upset me terribly, like I was bawling my eyes out. Not so much that I got a ticket, because I was speeding, but how the cop was so unsympathetic. I took a new way from the hospital today, so I could stop and get Dalan and me some food on the way home (we had gone to the hospital in different cars.) I pulled onto a street and followed the truck in front of me for about six blocks, and then got pulled over. I had no idea what the speed limit was on that road, but figured I was speeding when I got pulled over. I apologized and explained to the officer that I was unfamiliar with the road and was just going with the flow of traffic. He told me that the truck in front of me was speeding as well, but that I was going slightly faster so I got the ticket. I also tried to explain that I had just come from the hospital and was having a rough time in general. He dismissed this, took my license, and wrote me up a ticket. I got very upset, and was crying. He ignored my tears (and these were real tears...I am sure he has seen his share of crocodile tears, but this was red in the face, I am truly upset tears) and explained my ticket. He never once asked if I was ok or if I was ok to drive. Grrrrr! I am sure he hears all kinds of excuses all the time, but I was pretty much a mess. A little sympathy and understanding would have gone along way. Makes me so mad.

Title 2: Marveling at the Mighty Quinn

On the upside of things I had a wonderful visit with Quinn and my parents last night. We had so much fun talking, laughing, and just marveling at the Mighty Quinn.

And I had a wonderful visit with VaRonica today. We both have been so busy, and it was nice to catch up. We had so much fun talking, laughing, and just marveling at the Mighty Quinn.

And I had a wonderful visit with my huz and babe today. It is always so relaxing and calming in the afternoons. We had so much fun talking, laughing, and just marveling at the Mighty Quinn.

And I get to meet up with my in laws tonight. I am sure we will have so much fun talking, laughing, and just marveling at the Mighty Quinn.

And now for some photographic evidence.....







8 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry about that stupid unsympathetic cop.
I had fun laughing and talking and marveling about the Mighty Quinn last night also, and it was so wonderful to hold her

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry about the cop.
On the plus side, that picture of your Dad looking at Quinn is pretty much the sweetest thing in the entire world!

Vala said...

Jerkface cop! I think that for at least 4 months after I had Isaac, much smaller things would have set me off too! Damn hormones.
I am glad the fam is enjoying Quinn so much! I can't wait to have fun laughing, talking and marveling at the Mighty Quinn again sometime, too!

Holli said...

Well, I think the cop just had to give a ticket, because we are almost at the end of the month (quotas are due!) It is good to hear that Quinn is still doing so good though, and I love the flower in her hair....so cute!

Jen said...

Love the photos of your sweet, chunky babe! Sorry about the cop...like you don't have enough to deal with right now.

Kerry said...

I'm sorry about the ticket. It's unfortunate that we live in a society where people don't care about each other as human beings. I remember when Baylee was in the hospital and I had gotten a new debit card. So my gym transaction hadn't gone through. I got a collection call while driving to the hospital. I explained to them the situation that I was literally driving to the hospital as we were speaking. They didn't care, threatened to take me to court if they didn't receive my payment that day and I had to drop it off somewhere!!! This was all over $23. If I knew then what I know now ....

Toe-Soma said...

Question: how could one be going faster than the card in front? Magic? Are you a wizard?

Jessi said...

I don't know how I was going faster than the car in front of me. Either he was lying, or I was going slightly faster because I was not tailgating him and he read our speeds at different times. I really have no idea.