Monday, December 29, 2008

Burn baby, burn!

Two and half weeks ago, I burned my hand while getting a green bean casserole out of the oven. I did not even want to make the stupid casserole. It was for work, and they put up the sign up sheet while I was out with the kidney stones. Everyone had already signed up for the super easy things (cups, napkins, rolls) or the fun things (dessert) by the time I returned to work on Monday. So, I got stuck with a casserole. I know, I know a green bean casserole is simple to prepare and cook, but I wanted to run to the store and buy some rolls and be done with it, not run to the store buy the ingredients and still have to come home and cook. Well, I was being lazy when it came time to pull the casserole out of the over and did not pull the rack out. I burned my hand and it hurt like the dickens.

I am pretty sure it is/was infected. I did several "surgeries" on it with my special mix of neosporin and hydrogen-peroxide, but it never seemed that effective. Usually my surgeries are the best. I once healed Ali's impetigo with my surgical skills, but this time not so much. I have tried covering and not covering it. Nothing has seemed to work, and it still has not healed all the way. In case you were terribly interested here are the pictures of the progression of the healing process.

Day One. OUCH...I am burned!

Day Eight....still green, full of puss, and red all over.

Day 15.....looking a little better. Still red all over, but not so infected looking.

Day 21...still really red around the edges. Does anyone have any suggestions or is too late for my little hand?

6 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for telling the world I am a leper. I think you are screwed! just but a band aid on it

Jessi said...

I was speaking more to my magical healing abilities than to your skin conditions....

Vala said...

Did you try epsom salt? hehe, jk. I had something that was red around the edges like that a year or so ago that I thought would never heal and i just kept up with the hydrogen p and eventually (after like 2 months!) it went away. Damn that green bean casserole.

Jessi said...

I should have tried the Epsom Salt....I should have thought of that....

~Tana~ said...

I am so sorry about your hand! I hear you about the not cooking thing. I am all about running to the store and buying things. I don't know about the miracle cure thing... you might have to head to the doctor.

Jessi said...

No more doctors!