Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Diet Coke Watch Day 14

I have not had a diet coke for 14 straight days, and I have hated every minute of it. Although, I will admit the last two days have not been as bad as some of the previous days. I even refrained when all my friends were having diet cokes and rum at our Christmas party last weekend. I vow to remain diet coke free until the year's end, because Patti is going to buy me this shirt if I continue to abstain. And then I plan on starting to drink it again, but in moderation and with a healthy balance of water and lemonade. I know, I know....I sound just like any other addict. "I can be diet coke (alcohol, heroin, etc) free when I want , I did it for a month once. " Or, "I can handle it this time, I just will drink it socially." I have heard them all before during my glorious six plus years at ARTEC, and we called them thinking errors. But c'mon it is only a little diet coke, what's the harm?

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Did I ever tell you about the hell of my Mom's Diet Coke detox . . . those were a few weeks that we all avoided her like she had the plague! Two weeks down, very impressive!

Ali said...

Two weeks to a sweet shirt! You did slightly cheat though with your cake

Toe-Soma said...

Seriously, you can do it. I haven't had anything like that in almost a year and you don't even miss it.

Vala said...

Congrats! I feel the same way about chocolate. I have only been able to quit the stuff for several weeks at a time but I always go back. I will look forward to the t-shirt that you will be sporting in a couple weeks :)

~Tana~ said...

I am so proud of you!! I go on and off my addiction. I just can't go without it when I am sleep deprived. Plus that sound when you open a fresh one is such a beautiful sound. I am sorry... I will stop now!!!

Nigga Hea said...

You ain't nothin' but a god damn junkie!