Today, I received Piper's Ancestry Analysis in the mail...I was so giddy to see it, I literally jumped up and down. I was also so excited while opening I had a hard time tearing the envelope open, but I did! And now I have an answer for question that has plagued me for the last 4 years....What kind of dog is she?
Drum roll please.....
Piper is.....
20 to 36% Beagle
10-19% Bichon Frise
10-19% Chihuahua
10-19% Cocker Spaniel
10-19% Great Dane
10-19% Labrador Retriever
10-19% Poodle
Almost all of these were on the list of guesses, although I think some of the guesses were a bit sarcastic. Dalan's mom LaDene ended up being the most right with her guess of Beagle. Way to go LaDene!
In the report, they give you a brief summary of the characteristics and health problems a pet may have due to their DNA, and apparently, Beagles are prone to epilepsy. So, that pretty much explains the seizures. Chihuahua's are aggressive toward other breeds, so that could explain her hate for all living non-humans. Poodles and Chihuahuas are also loyal to the owners to a fault, so that could explain her over-protection of me in all situations. And Cocker Spaniels have a difficult time being house broken, so that could explain all her accidents.
I would have never guessed Beagle, but I do feel a little satisfied that all those years of calling her a cock-uahua was not far off base...I still am a little puzzled by the Great Dane, but stranger things have happened.
This is how I think Piper's ancestry went down. A Great Dane and a Lab had some puppies. One of those puppies had some more puppies with a Cocker. Which then had some puppies with a Poodle-Bichon mix. And one of those puppies had puppies with a Chichuahua, and one of those puppies had puppies with a Beagle. One of the puppies was Piper.
Or something like that....
8 comments:
Excellent!!! I Am so glad to know this! it explains a lot! I think it would be funny to see griffins! if he is really pure or not.....
Well, it does say that Great Dane's are leaners, so maybe he is a little Dane!
haha when i first read that i thought it said learns... And that would definitely not him
Intriguing. I would have been more excited if there was some mongoose or meerkat in her genes! We could have submitted a paper to National Geographic in regards to this biological miracle!
She, unfortunately for our scientific breakthrough, is all dog!
I loved reading this blog - interesting that so many of her behaviors/health issue correlate to her breeds! Well, now we know the recipe for a damn cute dog!
Awe, thanks! I think Becca plus Dave is the recipe for a damn cute baby!
Very cool . . . I now want a DNA study of Annie to tell me what percentage Greg and what percentage Hilary. That would be so cool.
Congrats on getting the results, I know you were getting anxious!
Post a Comment