Saturday, November 8, 2008

Piper's playdate with Annie

Today, my friend Hilary came over with her girls, Annie and Ellie. Annie loves to come over and play with Piper. Piper likes to chase Annie around trying to lick her, and to smell Ellie over and over. Piper loves the smell of a baby, especially their car seats. On more than one occasion Piper has tried to climb into someone's car seat. Maybe it is not the smell, but rather that she thinks she is, in fact, an actual baby?

Annie is about 2 and half, super precocious, and adorable. While she was here, she played with Piper. She screamed and laughed anytime Piper licked her, but always went back for more. She also sang her ABC's for us in both Spanish and English, counted for us in both languages, sang all kinds of nursery rhymes, figured out on her own that Piper starts with a "P" and Dalan starts with a "D", and spelled her own name several times. One of my favorite interactions of the day with Annie was when Dalan referred to her sister, Ellie, as a kid.

Annie said, "Yeah, Ellie is a kid."

I asked, "Are you a kid too, Annie."

She replied, "No, I am a genius!"

So true, so true!

Piper with her play date for the day, Annie. Annie is better posing for the camera than Piper.

I am holding Piper, so Annie can pet her without being licked to death. Although, I think the risk of the lick is part of the fun for Annie.

No comments: