Friday, November 28, 2008

Missing Person Report

Today, Dalan and I were doing some chores around the house, and getting ready to put out our Christmas stuff. He ran to the post office, while I did the mopping. Well, I finished mopping, and was doing some things upstairs when I looked out the window. Both our cars were there, but I had not heard Dalan come in. I waited a minute, and looked back out the window to see if he was doing something outside. I could not see him. I came downstairs, and looked out the front door. No Dalan. I called his phone. It started ringing on the coffee table next to me. I called out his name. Nothing. I checked all the bathrooms (his favorite room), and still nothing. I called out his name louder. Nothing. I checked the backyard. No Dalan. I went out front again, now very worried, to check inside the cars. Hoping and praying that I would not find his body slumped over the steering wheel. Thankfully, he was not dead inside one of the cars, but still no Dalan. I was about to cry. I have no idea where he would be, and I have no way of getting a hold of him, since he left his phone on the table. So, I call my Dad in a total panic. He asks me if he is talking to a neighbor or something I assure Red that I have been outside and Dalan is not there. Red offers to come over and help. I tell him not yet. I will do another search. I am now imagining calling the police, and them searching for my missing husband, possibly dead husband. I am also feeling very guilty, because I was going to go to the post office, but was feeling too lazy to leave the house, so I made Dalan do it. I go outside one more time to check the cars, and...

I see Dalan directly across the street helping a single mom change her tire! I had observed this tire change each and every time I had looked/been outside, and never actually looked to see who the dude on the ground changing the tire actually was.....oooppppssss! I called my dad back, and he had a good laugh at my expense. I then took a minute to be grateful that he was safe and sound, in addition, to being the type of guy who stops and helps women change their tires. He really is the best!

2 comments:

Vala said...

What a good guy! I am glad you didn't find his body slumped over anything. It was a day after Thanksgiving miracle. :)

~Tana~ said...

Your husband is such a good guy! I am glad that you didn't have to find him dead in the car. So scary!!!