So, we just sucked it up and went in the summer and paid a little more for the hotel and tickets than I wanted, and we made a food plan for Dalan that included some research and some just faith in people/menus. AND, it all worked out and was fabulous.
DAY 1 PLAN- My mom, Dalan, Quinn, and I will leave around 7 am on Saturday morning. Hopefully, a Saturday driving day will help us avoid Vegas and LA traffic. Ali will fly into Long Beach that evening. This day is mainly just a travel day.
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED- We left around 7 am, and avoided most traffic. We made it to Disney in 11 hours, with stops and one small traffic jam. Quinn was a trooper. She slept, played, and watched a movie. I don't think she whined or complained once. She had no potty accidents, or anything close.
We really had a nice drive. We saw an army convoy, at the same time as the some tanks crossed over a bridge out in the desert. That was weird. But, otherwise, the drive was pretty uneventful.
We got to our hotel, and had some time to walk around Downtown Disney. It was nice to stretch our legs. And then it was time to pick up Ali. The backseat was awfully squishy at that point. Quinn's bigger car seat just doesn't allow a lot of room for three backseat passengers.
We went to Chipolte for dinner (gluten free!), and Quinn had a small melt down. It was late. And she was hungry. She bounced back quickly.
When we got back to the hotel, we played some Uno, watched the fireworks from Disney, and headed to bed. Quinn got this Ariel talking necklace for the trip. All it says is one semi-seductive phrase over and over, "That's Fantastic!" My mom and Dalan played a trick on Ali by pushing it on and off, but acting like it was so random, creepy thing from the hotel room. Silly, but hilarious. We laughed hard.
The first day was a total success- low stress driving, no hitches in the plan, and FUN!
UP TOMORROW- The Beach!












1 comment:
First and foremost! I'm very excited about the many days of Disney you're going to be blogging about! I know what you mean about timing the trip. We went mid summer last time and the boys are still talking about it a year later, making me want to find budget to do it again. The heat of the summer was the most miserable part last time so I'm really thinking I want to shoot for late Winter (which will be like shorts and sweatshirts weather) maybe! I love the plan vs actual format you've started with too. And I'll admit I can't wait to hear all about your food planning! YAY!
Post a Comment