Today you turned 3 and a half years old, a fact that slipped my mind until I was putting you to bed. Oh well. I will try harder to remember and do something special next year. Aunt Ali reminded me I shouldn't feel too bad since we already celebrated your birthday, your due date, and your homecoming. But I love half birthdays and can't believe I spaced it.
Can I tell you how much dad and I just adore you? Three and a half rocks! You are hilarious, sweet, pretty well behaved, and full of life. If you would only start using the potty on a consistent basis, you would be practically perfect. I am absolutely loving this phase of development you are in, but seriously, potty training has to happen soon! :-)
Snapshot of Quinn at 3.5 years old-
You weigh between 25 and 26 pounds, and are over 36 inches tall. I think you may be growing because you are sleeping more than usual, and eating more than usual. I am sure soon enough you will resume your hummingbird ways and eat and sleep just enough to keep you going.
You go to preschool twice a week. You love your teachers and have learned so much. You are working on becoming a better listener.
You spend the rest of the week at your Grandma Denie's or Titi's house. You love going both places and have so much fun.
You are playing indoor soccer. You like that too. You never kick the ball except in the warm up, but you run like 400 laps per game.
Your cousin Alice is your best friend. You love playing with her more than anything. Last week you requested to have a tea party with her. It looked like so much fun!
You love to do art projects.
You love to read and play with letters. You can count to 20, and can recognize most of your numbers.
You can spell your first and last name. Although, sometimes you like to add an extra n or 15 to Quinn.
You can text. Your fine motor skills aren't quite ready for writing, but you can sound out words with help and text messages to people.
Your favorite show is Mickey Mouse right now.
You love Piper, but you really love Hazel. She is probably your other best friend.
You love to play little tricks and jokes.
You love to sing, and know lots of songs.
Your favorite food is probably meat. Or candy. Or peanut butter. But you would say it is spaghetti and meatballs.
You are smart and witty.
Your little voice is finally getting louder.
You can be a total maniac at times. And you wear us out. But we wouldn't have it any other way.
You don't really mind time out.
You love to take a bath, and often stay in so long, we have to add more hot water.
You seriously are the best. We love you so much! I can't believe the next letter I write to you will be for your fourth birthday!
Loves!
Mommy and Daddy.

3 comments:
So cute. We don't celebrate half birthdays but what a fun tradition!
My kids don't mind time out so much either! What's that all about??
Your love for Q is very touching! What sweet sentiments.
Adorable!! Keaton is working on the listening thing too.
Post a Comment