Yesterday, we headed up to the Baby Animal Days in Wellsville. I had seen pictures of other people doing this with their kids in the past, and missed it last year. Luckily, this year Ali sent me the link and I saved the date in my phone.
The website recommended getting up there as soon as it opened, so you could see the baby bears, so we left out house at 8:30, and arrived right at 10:00. It was already really busy, and I am glad we got there when we did. We also listened to the same five songs from Quinn's Cars CD over and over the whole ride up there!
We headed straight to the baby bears, and waited up ten minutes to get into the building. First, we got to hold baby chicks, baby ducks, and baby turtles. Quinn was in heaven. She is really into babies and tiny things, especially chickens (although she liked the baby ducks better) and the look of pure joy on her face was awesome. However, by the time we made it over to the bears, she wasn't so interested, since you could only look at them, not touch them. I am glad we didn't wait very long for the bears. (Later there was an hour wait for them.)
Next, we went to another building and got to pet baby pigs, calves, kids, lambs, and a donkey. It was so much fun!
We were going to go on a pony ride next, but you had to be at least three years old (ie a paying customer) to ride, so we skipped that and headed to the train. This might have been Quinn's favorite part. She loved it, and I think would have just rode it over and over.
We next saw some non-baby goats, and donkeys. Quinn liked climbing on the rocks best in the goats' pen.
Next we saw baby bunnies, ducks, and chicks. I thought Quinn would love the bunnies, but it was the ducks who stole the show again. She loved those ducks so much!
We saw a foal, and got to pet a calf. Then it was time for the candy cannon. The sign said children eight and under only, so I prepped Q to go and grab candy solo. However, once the cannon went off parents went running with their kids, and Quinn was a little overwhelmed. So I went with her. As I was teaching her what to do, I said, "Look Quinn, there are some skittles!" (In a pile there were two packs of skittles and a bunch of small candies). As Quinn went to grab one of the skittles a grown man who clearly heard me, made eye contact with me, and scooped up the whole pile before Quinn could. Dalan said I should have punched him. Ha, ha!
Then, we went on a wagon ride. Quinn lived being pulled through the squelchy mud, and ended up playing with and making crazy faces with another kid on the ride. After, we practiced our roping and decided to call it a day. It was lunch time (and due to Dalan's dietary restrictions- we had brought lunch) and Q was worn out. We ate our food, and Q fell asleep. She woke up 45 minutes in the worst mood. If I even looked at her she told me, " no Mommy," and kicked her legs at me. At one point, she also rolled her eyes at me. Ha!
It was a great time, and we will be heading back next year.
























No comments:
Post a Comment