Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stolen Identity

I swear someone out there is using Piper's pictures and her likeness for profit and chuckles.

Example 1: Weeks before Quinn was born Dalan and I went to a play. My ankles were the size of cantaloupes (seriously) and I could barely squeeze into a pair of flip flops. Anyway, the playhouse had some art displayed and I happened to notice that the title of one painting was "Piper", only to notice Piper was actually painted into the piece. It was for sale for something like $6,000. If I had been in my right mind, I would have noted the artist, but I wasn't, so I didn't.

Example 2: About a year ago, a picture started to circulate the internets that featured Piper's doppelgänger (or Piper) with eyebrows. We have seen this dog everywhere, including Pinterest. Most recently, a sportscaster that Dalan follows tweated it out comparing it to another sportscaster.

Example 3: Just the other day, Dalan came across of a silly photo of a fake eagle "snatching" a real dog. That dog is Piper, I swear. It is skinny Piper, but the dog is wearing the same collar that Piper used to wear (in her skinnier days.) It looks so much like her, plus she is a mix breed, so it is not like pure bred dogs that all have a similar look.

Seriously, I should be profiting from all these pictures of my dog being used for other's enjoyment and amusement.

And now for the proof....





3 comments:

Vala said...

Haha, that is awesome, and eerie, and you should totally be profitting!

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Made me giggle :)

Hilary said...

Since you posted this, I swear I've seen Piper-lookalikes like three times in advertising/TV/random internet stuffs . . . :-)