Sunday, August 19, 2012

Randoms

I go back to work tomorrow for the first time since June 1. I am dreading it. I actually like my job, I just like summer vacation better. I am also dreading waking up early. And, I predict Quinn is going to have a hard time with the transition this year. She has become quite the mama's girl this summer. I also know I have no reason to complain- I just had 11 weeks off. Then again, I have a Master's degree and make less than half of what other people with Master's probably make. So, I can complain a little, right?

I am also not looking forward to dressing Quinn this winter. The thought of finding pants that fit in length and in the waist makes my head spin. She will either end up wearing a lot of dresses with leggings/tights or I will find the perfect jean/pant somewhere and buy a bunch. And as much as I hope she potty trains sooner than later, the thought of finding pants that will fit her bum without a diaper.... Oh boy! Or a newly potty trained little girl trying to get tights up and down... Oh boy! I am probably worry too much over this small issue. Things will work out, even of it means Quinn looks like a hobo somedays.


6 comments:

Kerry said...

Nope, don't feel bad about dreading going back to work. If nothing else the downside to being a teacher and having all that time off is I've got to imagine it's enough time to get used to the schedule (not just Quinn but all of you). Only to have to completely change it again. That would kind of suck.

Jackson is super skinny, not now as much as he was before. I still never buy pants or shorts for him that don't have an adjustable waist. That's what I would recommend looking for for Quinn. They can cinch up pretty tight. Then Wyland takes Jackson's clothes and I have to make them as big as they go, lol. Good luck!

Jen said...

Good luck with back to work! I hope you have a great class this year.

Maybe you could find someone on Etsy to make some custom pants for Quinn? Although I do love little dresses over leggings!

Vala said...

Boo to going back to work. My thoughts are the same - I do like teaching, but summer break even more so! And yes to the Master's degree thing! ACK! I hope you can find something that works for Quinn. Luckily, Isaac's stats are close for weight and height, so we just have to buy clothes that are 1 year behind his age! I agree though that those adjustable waist shorts/pants work well, too (the ones with the buttons and elastic on the inside...have you tried them? I didn't know they existed until I bought a pair and discovered they were adjustable after the fact)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Quinn look like a hobo? I don't think that is possible with all the cute things you put her in!

VaRonica said...

I don't think this is complaining at all, you are just stating how you feel. You know me, I am all about expressing your feelings hehehe. I can't imagine how it would feel after being off for 11 weeks, I got 7 weeks maternity and it was way hard to go back... GOOD LUCK!!!!!

jen said...

I have two tall and skinny girls, Target has tons of slimmer pants with adjustable waist. Also If you need any taken in, I'm happy to help :)